New Everton Stadium

Not sure how people are saying 60000 capacity. Build to 50000 with the option to increase to 60 if needed. Expecting to bring in a extra 20000 fans in one go is a lot.

That's a very closed-mind you have.

I take the opposite view, we need to build something that elevates the club back to being a "big club". Apart from on the pitch (which is pretty poor) the stadium will do that. The design and location that's part of it. The capacity also has to be bold. I say build 65,000 as it makes a statement. Makes us second only to United at this time. You can also have stadiums that cover seating discreetly (like the Lucas Oil Stadium) so your capacity can be lower or higher depending on the game. A fluid capacity you could say.

Filling it? Well as others have said there's the new stadium bounce and new corporate seats, no obstructed views, and season ticket waiting lists etc. I'm one who doesn't go much due to finance but I hope I will be able to in the future and I would certainly be one of those extra thousands.

But justifying the increase in capacity, well analyse Arsenal and Tottenham. Both with less than our current capacity at their old grounds. Same with Chelsea (they've got a new stadium propsed) and same with West Ham. Although I suppose you can also argue they are all in London and most are more successful than us either in recent years or now on the pitch. Other clubs, like Bolton, Sunderland, Middlesbrough all done it.

But as a footnote, as someone else said. At 50,000 we'd have a smaller ground than many clubs. Is that really what we want for Everton Football Club? Is that really ambitious? It's not. It's rediculously lacking in ambition. Or belief in our fan base. My dad was at the game when there were 78,000 plus at the ground. I've been at Goodison when there's 55,000. We have the support make no mistake. Imagine if we were successful on the pitch as well...

In regards to capacity, I am sure that we will be doing a lot of research and analysis into current demand and future demand rather than just plucking figures out the air as we are doing here.
If their research suggests that a 50k capacity will meet our needs, then they will build a 50k capacity stadium. If it tells them 65k, then they will build a 65k stadium.
Whether we listen to the guy on a forum who plucks 40, 50, 60 or even 120k out the air, it means nothing. Business modelling is what will determine the capacity

A3D65F7E-1764-4476-83EE-913FF5B3C434.webp

Its on...

Maybe not

Is he simply playing the ‘game’ by saying capacity is something they need to do research?? If they havn’t sorted that already then id be worried. Also don’t think fans should have much input into capacity; the club should leave it to experts and do whats right for the club

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back