New Everton Stadium

No idea me, but does it allow for a massive rise in folk who can fit into the same stand that has seats?

Not as far as I'm aware mate. It's not like the 80s when it was a free for all, much more control of numbers and I'm pretty sure it's still only one person per where the seat would be (if that makes sense). The upshot should be lower prices and better atmosphere.

EDIT: poster above explains better i think.

8625346-3x2-940x627.jpg

The new Zenit Stadum looks good, 67,000 with a retractable roof. Something like this but with a single tier stand behind one goal would do us, probably out of our price range though.

Yep, looks good internally. Externally, for me it's the ugliest new stadium in the world (and by some distance)...

Krestovsky_Stadium2.jpg

I think 'safe sanding' / rail seating has to have a 1 to 1 ratio with regular seats (as they must be able to convert to seating for UEFA games), so a standing area wouldn't increase the capacity at all

Thats what I thought; iirc when Bristol City redeveloped Ashton Gate they looked at having them available, but binned it I think.

I think we may be seeing an American style launch of the proposed new ground with a ramping up of the hype as the deadline day approaches. I think this may explain the cryptic posts from Dan Meis and I think that over the next couple of weeks we may see a series of news releases/leaks leading up to the announcement whipping up the excitement with the fans.... probably not on GOT though.

Better tell Wembley/Twickenham/Millennium stadium et all to start pulling down all the rows at the top, Dabluez has spoken.

By the way even the top row of the millennium is perfectly a good seat and far better than a lot of what we currently have.

The Millennium Stadium was built under different building regulations that required less spacing between seats. To get the same capacity now you need a far bigger structure and the highest seats are further away from the pitch.

Not as far as I'm aware mate. It's not like the 80s when it was a free for all, much more control of numbers and I'm pretty sure it's still only one person per where the seat would be (if that makes sense). The upshot should be lower prices and better atmosphere.

EDIT: poster above explains better i think.

In Germany the average ratio is 1.0 to 1.5 with some clubs going as high as 1.0 to 1.8.

The Millennium Stadium was built under different building regulations that required less spacing between seats. To get the same capacity now you need a far bigger structure and the highest seats are further away from the pitch.

I would like to see the regulations as I doubt there is much in it so far bigger structure is a bit of an overstatement imho. Seeing ours would be 15k less it still is not going to be anywhere near as tall as the millennium so the views should be as good.

In Germany the average ratio is 1.0 to 1.5 with some clubs going as high as 1.0 to 1.8.

That's Germany though. Hillsborough still looms large on the subject of standing in English football. There's no chance they are going to go to a 1.8 to 1.0 ratio, if they ever approve it. Celtic employ a 1:1 ratio. That's probably what we would get if it goes ahead.

Quite an expert. Let's see what Meis has on his website. Oh.
"PS Someone recently tweeted to me that modern English stadiums are no longer intimate or intimidating...that they can't be because of modern regulations etc... to that person I say "just wait, and see"...."
What's that about regulations?

Narrow it down ffs! Think I am going to browse that entire link?

Ok, the new stand at Big Stand FC. Are the spaces between the new seats different to the stand it was bolted onto? If so, by how much?

The main stand was the oldest part of the stadium so I guess they would have expanded the width and legroom a bit, just like we would do at Goodison if we had to redevelop as they were built at a time when people were smaller. However the Millennium is fairly recent build, holds a 4 star UEFA category and has had a CL final. Sure the seats are probably not as wide as Wembley but I bet they would still pass current regs.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back