New Everton Stadium

60k is the absolute minimum. We sell 32k season tickets, while we have 10k waiting list. Add in 3k for away fans, another 6k of hospitality seats. That's 51k. Add in an additional interest that comes with the new stadium as well as seats available for tourists and one-time goers, let's say another 20% of capacity. And that's 61k seats in total. We can always give out some seats for free via EITC if needed for some matches.

61,878, please.

You make a great case. I think it would be hard to justify anything less then 60,000.

Nobody had a clue how bad this season would be or how painfully slow the stadium design release and finance would be. Been waiting to see far too long already.
Just about at my wits end and there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of this very dark Everton tunnel. Not helped by the RS tearing up the league with a team that are worth the admission fee and could fluke the Champions League yet. It's all very Everton this and not sure why I expected any different really.

Great post.

Everton fans are being treated like mushrooms by the club.

Kept in the dark about what is happening off the field and fed manure on it.

Something is going to give here.....I have never known people to be so meh about the club.

Nobody is surprised by the rank performances any more and more worryingly, it ain’t hurting no moah.

Anything less would be a statement of dis-intent by the club.

An acceptance of second class status in perpetuity.

I agree with the above IF we have the funding available to be able to build a 60k one and then we go and build a 50k. However if the funding was never in place you can't call it a failure of intent, if we just couldn't afford it.

I like you think we could fill a 60k and I'm hopeful it will be based on the engineering documents but Meis last twitter statement looked like a back down from that. But it could be a case of under promising and then over delivering which in my book is always better than the other way around.

I agree with the above IF we have the funding available to be able to build a 60k one and then we go and build a 50k. However if the funding was never in place you can't call it a failure of intent, if we just couldn't afford it.

I like you think we could fill a 60k and I'm hopeful it will be based on the engineering documents but Meis last twitter statement looked like a back down from that. But it could be a case of under promising and then over delivering which in my book is always better than the other way around.

Meis has been on the scene for getting on three years and we have yet to see a single sketch.

He defines this as a career defining project and was talking it up as unique and iconic. These are things that evertonians will not forget.

Given how the club is run and that shambles of a board (Moshiri included) I very much doubt this will be the one thing they get right.

If you add 50% for the extra capacity we are up to 21m, add 10m for naming rights and it's double what we are getting at Goodison. The hospitality coin is something we are badly missing at Goodision if that adds 5m+ then we are closing in on what you guys were getting from WHL which is massive from where we have come from.

If they can capitalize on the pre and post match revenue, it could be 3 to 4 times what they make at Goodison. Just the absence of naming rights and luxury boxes is huge on its own.

If they can capitalize on the pre and post match revenue, it could be 3 to 4 times what they make at Goodison. Just the absence of naming rights and luxury boxes is huge on its own.

I try to be as conservative as possible with estimates as not to get the 'living in dreamland' statements come flying back. I agree with what you say though, it is eminently possible. Even with my low ball estimates it is easily worth the move as at worst it would be cost neutral to us, all wrapped up with the prestigious location and much more possibilities of income generation than we have now.

It will be around the 60k mark for sure and it should be as well.

I have no problem with Meis releasing nothing, I'd be more concerned if we approached the scheme like we did with KD, DK and WHP. This feels far more professional.

Oh, and never trust orange Tories. Ever.

The longer this draws on the more I think this inept board will screw it up, look at how long it takes to complete transfers! Look at the quality of our transfers! Look at the inability to appoint a decent manager and go cap in hand to BFS and bowing to his contract demands.

Sad times for EFC, never felt more disinterested ever....

It's down to Elstone. His comments have always left me worried, he doesn't see Everton as having a big fan base he's as blinkered as a few on here. He's only speculated about a bigger capacity than 50,000 that was suggested early on due to the selling out of every game last season haven't got the quote but you can check it. With that tweet from Meis i'm worried the club are settling for less and you put that blame firmly at Elstone if it happens. I'm sure the club has the finance. But Elstone himself has mentioned about there being a "limit". After that they walk away. Ring any bells?

Shouts for 50,000 is embarrassing. On the pitch we are miles off the best teams in the land at least get it right with the ground. 50,000 is saying we are not in their league off the pitch as well and have no ambition to be so. I don't disagree with anyone about getting it right on the pitch but these are hand in hand we need the stadium.

I want a stadium so wild and marvellous that it's worthy of world heritage status on its own. When they show a picture of the Liverpool waterfront to someone, it won't be because of the three graces that recognise where it Is, it'll be because of the Bramley Moore Stadium.

Think big Everton. Think big LCC.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back