New Everton Stadium

One thing I haven't seen discussed so much here is ticket prices. Judging from this chart Everton seem to have much cheaper prices than Liverpool for example. Even if Everton had 60k capacity at these prices the stadium would still only bring in ~£20m which is WAY behind the teams Everton are hoping to catch.

However for the stadium to be effective surely that would need to change quite a bit to try and catch up and compete?

View attachment 44461
Not really. We outspend anyone except for Man City and Man Utd.

Does it occur to anyone that match day income doesn’t matter to the money men at Everton?

Moshiri (and Usmanov) were not happy with the way Arsenal fans were rinsed to pay for a stadium. I’m happy that our owner is doing his best to keep it affordable for fans in a poor city.

Not really. We outspend anyone except for Man City and Man Utd.

Does it occur to anyone that match day income doesn’t matter to the money men at Everton?

Moshiri (and Usmanov) were not happy with the way Arsenal fans were rinsed to pay for a stadium. I’m happy that our owner is doing his best to keep it affordable for fans in a poor city.

Well what I meant was if the stadium isn't bringing in significantly more money than Goodison it makes changing stadium questionable in the first place. May as well spend the £500m on the team and hope to become a dominant force.

Even if Moshiri/Usmanov are willing to throw money away on it I'm sure they don't want to waste endless money? The books need to be balanced at some point...

The board have said they will be keeping the prices pretty much the same as the last season in WHL... but our ticket prices are nearly the same as Arsenal's (stupid expensive). It's one advantage the club gets being in London.

I expect our match day revenue to go up to at least £80m in the new place maybe closer to £90m which clearly makes the stadium worth it.

One thing Everton wont do is rinse the fans. Might be old fashioned, but our core support aint exactly the top earners in the UK.

I have my own opinion on how this will all wash through, and will look an utter tit if I am not even 90% right.

Well what I meant was if the stadium isn't bringing in significantly more money than Goodison it makes changing stadium questionable in the first place. May as well spend the £500m on the team and hope to become a dominant force.

Even if Moshiri/Usmanov are willing to throw money away on it I'm sure they don't want to waste endless money? The books need to be balanced at some point...

Except owning the new place/equity therein, is worth more long term than a few footballers.

And he/they wont lob endless cash at a currently poor team. Short term, team/manager wise, its been a bit meh, to say the least. Long term, less so imo.

Have you ever been to Goodison? We’ve got 4,000 seats which are extremely restricted views. A stadium on the waterfront is a massive status symbol. Our owner is already saying we will not have money worries with him in charge.

Spurs are run as a business, Everton are run as something for Moshiri’s ego. Unfortunately we’ve had a terrible season, but sooner or later money will click.

Have you ever been to Goodison? We’ve got 4,000 seats which are extremely restricted views. A stadium on the waterfront is a massive status symbol. Our owner is already saying we will not have money worries with him in charge.

Spurs are run as a business, Everton are run as something for Moshiri’s ego. Unfortunately we’ve had a terrible season, but sooner or later money will click.

Fair enough, but even Abramovich needed to balance Chelsea's spending in the end. Nowadays Chelsea makes a profit each season.

I'll be interested to see how it goes.

I am not even sure the 'avoiding relegation by the skin of our teeth seasons' were as bad as this. At least then we didn't have a pot to piss in but had a few brawlers ready to have a go. My only hope until the summer is very good news on BMD (soon for God's sake) & more developments on the ownership of the club. We are crawling to safety. Looking at fixtures probably only 3pts in next 4 games. It's the worst I can ever remember really - the (failed) investment level plus Allardyce as manager of Everton have made us a laughing stock. Only BMD and a Russian oligarch can salvage the season now.

One thing I haven't seen discussed so much here is ticket prices. Judging from this chart Everton seem to have much cheaper prices than Liverpool for example. Even if Everton had 60k capacity at these prices the stadium would still only bring in ~£20m which is WAY behind the teams Everton are hoping to catch.

However for the stadium to be effective surely that would need to change quite a bit to try and catch up and compete?

View attachment 44461

If you add 50% for the extra capacity we are up to 21m, add 10m for naming rights and it's double what we are getting at Goodison. The hospitality coin is something we are badly missing at Goodision if that adds 5m+ then we are closing in on what you guys were getting from WHL which is massive from where we have come from.

I think think the major shareholder would have the exact same concerns Dave.

When the takeover stuff was going on, the Mericans we knew about, Moshiri we didnt, and I believe a local consortium were on the fringes as well.

The Mericans wanted to load the club with debt, Glazer Lite if you like. The local lads had less money, but favoured a GP redevelopment. Both were overlooked by BK for Moshiri. (Ignoring for once the AU/USM stuff)

I would not fall off my stool if Moshiri carries and/or underwrites the spend above the LCC loan. Then converts the "debt" to equity. To me, it makes a weird sense. Lets say the spend he takes on is £300m. Once completed, and swapped for equity, his actual net worth is the same as before. Just different compenents.
Hard not to get the feeling that scale is beginning to impact the thinking around this whole scheme now, both from the stadium and wider LW development. Regulatory issues and cash limits will determine matters.

not one person on here has a clue, just wait and see
Nobody had a clue how bad this season would be or how painfully slow the stadium design release and finance would be. Been waiting to see far too long already.
Just about at my wits end and there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of this very dark Everton tunnel. Not helped by the RS tearing up the league with a team that are worth the admission fee and could fluke the Champions League yet. It's all very Everton this and not sure why I expected any different really.

Never ceases to amaze me how people can underestimate our support. We currently have a near 40k stadium that everyone knows is lacking comfort and facilities (such as being able to see the pitch without looking around a post) yet some people think 50k would be fine.

At least 5000 of those extra seats will be corporate/hospitality. A small increase to the away support and suddenly we only need 4k extra supporters to fill our new stadium.

Hardly what I would call future proofing. Anyone thought about if we start playing some winning football? Yet people trot out average attendances when the ground was already dated or from bygone era when averages were relatively small but we could still on our day pack in nearly 80k.

People also need to note that the demographics have also changed since then where women and kids actually go to the match in greater numbers now.

Bang on.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back