New Everton Stadium

I only hope the millions invested in the team this season wasn’t to get us into the top 4. And then to allow the increased revenues from the CL to assist in paying for the new stadium.

As it stands the squad probaly needs more investment next season than we have spent in the current season.

Makes me wonder where the cash for the new ground is going to come from?
It'll be borrowed by the club from any source they can secure it. Moshiri doesn't care. He wont be paying it off.

It'll be borrowed by the club from any source they can secure it. Moshiri doesn't care. He wont be paying it off.

I imagine we will be borrowing in the summer to heavily invest in the team.
Just exactly how much borrowing is sustainable for our club. Top four is light years away from us at the moment.

I only hope the millions invested in the team this season wasn’t to get us into the top 4. And then to allow the increased revenues from the CL to assist in paying for the new stadium.

As it stands the squad probaly needs more investment next season than we have spent in the current season.

Makes me wonder where the cash for the new ground is going to come from?
If you wonder where it could come from, you clearly havent seen his list of friends...

I imagine we will be borrowing in the summer to heavily invest in the team.
Just exactly how much borrowing is sustainable for our club. Top four is light years away from us at the moment.

I think we'll see a continuation of buying and managerial changes as long as this stadium is in play. Moshiri is petrified of losing PL status.

Can't really blame him for that - relegation is unthinkable and could be catastrophic in many ways.

However, if we simply get our house in order on the pitch, the stadium will take care of itself.

Moshiri has provided the ability to invest in the team, to a level we couldn't pre-Moshiri. We have to do the following:
  • Invest in a modern forward thinking manager with the plan, experience, drive and ambition to transform Everton into a truly competitive team. Martinez was along those lines but he let basic standards get away from him by allowing the players too much freedom and clearly made some horrendous mistakes with particular players (e.g. Distin)
  • Clarify the role & responsibilities of the Director of Football. Who sets the playing style - manager or DoF, or both?
  • Agree with said manager a style of play and type of personnel required to make better performance and consistently good results a reality.
  • Move on the failed signings quickly and efficiently.
I think it's clear the Walsh/Koeman relationship was not good. We are still suffering the damage of that professional breakdown. Allardyce and co. were drafted in after even one of our own failed to get results. It was panic but we were and still are horrendous.

Bet if you could talk to a few players in confidence they would tell you privately they have known the squad balance is wrong since early in the season. Not their fault they got paid to sign up though - we chose them.

Still think the stadium will happen, but only with Council lendings if we are in the PL.

Never was going to happen. Look how fast spurs stepped it up after they knew they wouldn't get the Olympic stadium. If you want to get it done, you get it done.

This whole debacle is similar what Hicks and gillet did with Liverpool fans. When the fans started questioning the stadium they pull out bs architect plans it was only when they were pushed into a corner, and finally when there's nothing left, when you can't borrow another buck from the bank or buy another case of booze that they were forced to concede that there was no stadium.

Expect a positive update on the stadium next week to deflect the situation from the team.

I hate to say this but it has been on my mind for some time and as Moshfraudi compared us to them (fab4 comments)
so will I . The Kopites could have bought a bit of land and built a new stadium however decided not to ... why? Because the costs are astronomical and burden the club. I hate to say it but their business model seems much more realistic and achievable rather than Moshiris
2 year waffle and smoke and mirrors, two soon to be failed finance funding models, and the knock on effect throughout the club.
Seems to me to be unrealistic we need to work with what we have got

Never was going to happen. Look how fast spurs stepped it up after they knew they wouldn't get the Olympic stadium. If you want to get it done, you get it done.

This whole debacle is similar what Hicks and gillet did with Liverpool fans. When the fans started questioning the stadium they pull out bs architect plans it was only when they were pushed into a corner, and finally when there's nothing left, when you can't borrow another buck from the bank or buy another case of booze that they were forced to concede that there was no stadium.

Expect a positive update on the stadium next week to deflect the situation from the team.
See that new tower block they have started next to Princess dock, I'm sure we have been talking about ours longer but that will be finished while we're still messing about

Sorry but this is nothing like the cowboys at LFC. They had concept designs out without the means to pay for any of it. It was all a farce and so pleased it never happened. They should have gone bust with them but got very, very lucky.

Moshiri is not here to bankrupt us. He's here to facilitate Everton to grow, compete....but he recognises he has to provide the initial seed money, like any capital venture. If he makes money off the back of that by re-establishing Everton, it's all good with me.

My guess is the red tape with the Council is holding things up more than anticipated but it remains a clever way of borrowing a large sum of money at a low level of interest. It will help Everton continue to be able to support the team once the stadium is being repaid. We cannot wither at Goodison any longer and this stadium is last chance saloon.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back