New Everton Stadium

I hate to say this but it has been on my mind for some time and as Moshfraudi compared us to them (fab4 comments)
so will I . The Kopites could have bought a bit of land and built a new stadium however decided not to ... why? Because the costs are astronomical and burden the club. I hate to say it but their business model seems much more realistic and achievable rather than Moshiris
2 year waffle and smoke and mirrors, two soon to be failed finance funding models, and the knock on effect throughout the club.
Seems to me to be unrealistic we need to work with what we have got

That lot painted themselves into a corner, making it impossible for them to move from Anfield so much has the place been mytholgised. They should have moved to the docks 25 years ago and built a 70,000 stadium. Thank God they didn't.

I hate to say this but it has been on my mind for some time and as Moshfraudi compared us to them (fab4 comments)
so will I . The Kopites could have bought a bit of land and built a new stadium however decided not to ... why? Because the costs are astronomical and burden the club. I hate to say it but their business model seems much more realistic and achievable rather than Moshiris
2 year waffle and smoke and mirrors, two soon to be failed finance funding models, and the knock on effect throughout the club.
Seems to me to be unrealistic we need to work with what we have got

Lets see eh?

Sorry but this is nothing like the cowboys at LFC. They had concept designs out without the means to pay for any of it. It was all a farce and so pleased it never happened. They should have gone bust with them but got very, very lucky.

Moshiri is not here to bankrupt us. He's here to facilitate Everton to grow, compete....but he recognises he has to provide the initial seed money, like any capital venture. If he makes money off the back of that by re-establishing Everton, it's all good with me.

My guess is the red tape with the Council is holding things up more than anticipated but it remains a clever way of borrowing a large sum of money at a low level of interest. It will help Everton continue to be able to support the team once the stadium is being repaid. We cannot wither at Goodison any longer and this stadium is last chance saloon.

Neither have we yet mate.

Couldn't Moshiri have borrowed the money himself with the same low level of interest?

Have you seen the designs? I haven't. It is frustrating but it does look like we are trying get all our ducks in order rather than repeat the mistakes of KD, Kirkby or the reds at Stanley Park.
With regards Moshiri - why should he? It would be incredibly generous of him, but really why should we expect him to pay for all of it? It's our club but none of us can afford to do it. Even Mansour didn't have to do that for City. The state of the art stadium was already gifted to them.

With regards Moshiri - why should he? It would be incredibly generous of him, but really why should we expect him to pay for all of it? It's our club but none of us can afford to do it. Even Mansour didn't have to do that for City. The state of the art stadium was already gifted to them.

Think the better question is "Why would he?"

Answer that, and the path gets cleared of nettles and brambles. @Brisan123

Have we started filling in the dock(s) yet?

I mean...we do own the land don't we?

Any lids prepping down there...???
dollar-2714203_1280.jpg

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back