New Everton Stadium

I just youtubed Brass. Had to watch it with no sound as I am in the office. Bradley Hardacre stepped out of his car in front of his stately pile and cast his eye over the pit and was master all that he can see. Fast forwards to 2020, and Alisher Hardacre is stepping out of his yacht in front of the Royal Liver Building and casting his eye over Bramley Moore Stadium...

I will have a proper watch of that tonight. It came out in 1983! I shouldn't be old enough to remember any of it.

LOL, that still hasn't been built yet, when a tall mustachioed well built chap approaches asking for a job, and that he will fill the dock in for a fiver.
Much preferred Boys from the Black Stuff and Bread back then always good for a laugh.

Bread was responsible for the scouse stereotypes we still suffer from now.

Edit: and 2020 is a being very generous to the titans running our club
Nah - I blame Harry Enfield. That sketch was a disgrace to the people of a fantastic city that will treat you as one of their own if you are respectful to them.

Bread was fine - nothing wrong with a family looking out for each other. They were characters we could all recognise no matter where you were from. Just happened to be Liverpool.

Harry Enfield, not to mention the whole thieving stereotype - BBC should not have aired it.

Nah - I blame Harry Enfield. That sketch was a disgrace to the people of a fantastic city that will treat you as one of their own if you are respectful to them.

Bread was fine - nothing wrong with a family looking out for each other. They were characters we could all recognise no matter where you were from. Just happened to be Liverpool.

Harry Enfield, not to mention the whole thieving stereotype - BBC should not have aired it.

Bread was much earlier and showed everyone on the fiddle and all doleites, Enfield didn't help but it was already there by the time he came along.

Maybe your right but people on the fiddle or ripping people off has been part of British comedy on many shows - Steptoe&Son, Only Fools & Horses etc.

The only Scouser I remember with a tache and curly hair was Brookside's Terry, and he was one of the Enfield character actors!

Yea dude you can make the same tired arguments people have been making for the last 30 years or you can wake up and acknowledge how far we have fallen.
Don't bother answering the question, but here it is again: Name the last time spurs won the League and the last time and the last time Spurs won the FA cup

Leicester, Blackburn and citeh have won the league more recently than us.

Wigan and Portsmouth have won the cup more recently than us.
I think that all that proves is winning a trophy is not a true indication of the size of a club.
League placings are the holy grail now. Silverware is for squad players at City or Arsenal when Wenger comes under pressure.

They are a London club and have been darlings of the media for decades..

You think? The English media has spent the past two years basically doing Marca's job for them. No idea why the Beeb and the press are so keen to see Harry Kane playing for a foreign club. And they never do the same with players from other CL chasing clubs. I'd love to hear in every post-match analysis after they win an opinion from...I dunno, Lawro...about whether Liverpool can keep Salah. :zzz:

With friends like these...

You think? The English media has spent the past two years basically doing Marca's job for them. No idea why the Beeb and the press are so keen to see Harry Kane playing for a foreign club. And they never do the same with players from other CL chasing clubs. I'd love to hear in every post-match analysis after they win an opinion from...I dunno, Lawro...about whether Liverpool can keep Salah. :zzz:

With friends like these...

While true on the Lawro shout, I think Spurs almost invite interest in your better players cos of the seemingly well known wage structure you seem to have. Not that I am pro or anti that, but if a world class striker is apparently on bread and water, footballer wise, its hardly a "hands off" message to predator clubs.

And for the record, I really like Spurs as a club. Despite some god awful chants.

edit. Sake. On topic. Ground will be ace.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back