New Everton Stadium

Leicester, Blackburn and citeh have won the league more recently than us.

Wigan and Portsmouth have won the cup more recently than us.
The sad unvarnished truth unfortunately.

The stadium is a must, but as part of the jigsaw to get us to winning one of those.

Unless we're planning to build our shiny new stadium in the good ol' USA I can't see this import tariff affecting us. In fact it may be a positive as steel producers who previously exported to the USA will have surplus stock
Are we still that big a steel exporter? Perhaps in high specification technical grades? I have no idea - in my last job when I was trying to get steel pipework, it always seemed to have originated from China.

As you say, I doubt we are getting American steel in so a marginal glut of steel will only benefit the price for us if this goes ahead. Cheers Trump, can you now put a tariff on red uniforms to promote sales of blue kits please?

Unless we're planning to build our shiny new stadium in the good ol' USA I can't see this import tariff affecting us. In fact it may be a positive as steel producers who previously exported to the USA will have surplus stock

Europe will respond in kind.

Unlikely to do anything good for market prices but equally shouldn't send them stratospheric once supply routes have had an opportunity to adjust, which they surely will before everyone's favourite architect even gets round to releasing some draft drawings.

The looming interest rate rises are more of a concern.

Are we still that big a steel exporter? Perhaps in high specification technical grades? I have no idea - in my last job when I was trying to get steel pipework, it always seemed to have originated from China.

As you say, I doubt we are getting American steel in so a marginal glut of steel will only benefit the price for us if this goes ahead. Cheers Trump, can you now put a tariff on red uniforms to promote sales of blue kits please?

According to the Echo Moshiri has his own steel business, so acquisition shouldn't be a problem.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../everton-takeover-farhad-moshiri-who-10959138

According to the Echo Moshiri has his own steel business, so acquisition shouldn't be a problem.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../everton-takeover-farhad-moshiri-who-10959138
I have no doubt that steel is one thing we are not worrying about over this whole deal. I would not be in the least bit surprised that a stadium would not only stimulate the docks but any steel manufacturer getting not only the Everton stadium but a toehold into the whole redevelopment scheme. Give them billionaires their due, they sure know how to make themselves some money.

Heck if Moshiri and Usmanov owned a manure and straw concern, I'd expect to see a wattle and daub ecostadium being mooted by now.

Being fashionable equates to pampering to fickle popular taste, which in turn represents those mindless 'sheeple' who are easily swayed by flavor of the month.
A brand spanking new stadium will no doubt bring out some of those "tourist" fans, which, in this day and age of "business sport" will be encouraged. I don't care, as long as my beloved Everton are up their winning things.

Sorry - when I mentioned being fashionable, I didn't really mean that I want us to end up the way of a club full of tourists, but I do want us to be noticeable enough that we are not simply ignored.One of the clubs for me that we could aspire to be is Athletico Madrid. Proper club, local fans steeped in history and it's city. Simeone would be my absolute first choice as manager but there is little chance of that with them doing well again this season. His style and passion for the game would resonate with Blues fans, no doubt.

Other clubs I have a lot of time for include Shalke, Lyon, PSV, Althletic Bilbao. Not always the first names that you think of when you think about their respective countries but clubs that you cannot afford to ignore. I think we can get there, and the stadium alongside pitch performance is undoubtedly central to us dong so.

still no news then

It's painful, isn't it? Everyday, sometimes hourly, checking the forum, just in case we have something new.

Just a render - that is all I am asking for. Doesn't have to be the finished article.....a glimpse of the concept would be something. We know Joe has seen the drawings and was very happy - what's the harm in us fans....

It's painful, isn't it? Everyday, sometimes hourly, checking the forum, just in case we have something new.

Just a render - that is all I am asking for. Doesn't have to be the finished article.....a glimpse of the concept would be something. We know Joe has seen the drawings and was very happy - what's the harm in us fans....
2 years of nothingness.

2 years of nothingness.

Yes, 2 years of nothingness. The club have now undertaken 2 fan surveys. Next up, no idea when, are the fan workshops. This just seems like the club is stalling. Dan Meis has been working on this for over 2 years. Surely he must've finished design by now? Did the club have problems finding investors to fund the SPV? Is that why Joe Anderson suggested that LCC would loan £280m to Everton. The longer this drawn out process goes on, the less likely it is to ever see the light of day. I cannot for the life me understand why this massive construction project has been entrusted to Robert Elstone!

Yes, 2 years of nothingness. The club have now undertaken 2 fan surveys. Next up, no idea when, are the fan workshops. This just seems like the club is stalling. Dan Meis has been working on this for over 2 years. Surely he must've finished design by now? Did the club have problems finding investors to fund the SPV? Is that why Joe Anderson suggested that LCC would loan £280m to Everton. The longer this drawn out process goes on, the less likely it is to ever see the light of day. I cannot for the life me understand why this massive construction project has been entrusted to Robert Elstone!

seen any plans mate?

I have no doubt that steel is one thing we are not worrying about over this whole deal. I would not be in the least bit surprised that a stadium would not only stimulate the docks but any steel manufacturer getting not only the Everton stadium but a toehold into the whole redevelopment scheme. Give them billionaires their due, they sure know how to make themselves some money.

Heck if Moshiri and Usmanov owned a manure and straw concern, I'd expect to see a wattle and daub ecostadium being mooted by now.

Lol, where there is muck there is brass.

Indeed, with the correct dress sense Usmanov would make a convincing Bradley Hardacre, whilst Allerdyce is about to start sounding like Yosser Hughes.......Giz a job.
I just youtubed Brass. Had to watch it with no sound as I am in the office. Bradley Hardacre stepped out of his car in front of his stately pile and cast his eye over the pit and was master all that he can see. Fast forwards to 2020, and Alisher Hardacre is stepping out of his yacht in front of the Royal Liver Building and casting his eye over Bramley Moore Stadium...

I will have a proper watch of that tonight. It came out in 1983! I shouldn't be old enough to remember any of it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back