New Everton Stadium

Young fans are choosing Everton to follow I think it's fair to say. We have had more recent young players for them to aspire to, and they can get cheaper tickets to our games. I think there has been a fairly decent swing towards us, even with young single mum's taking kids to games, our community presence ECT.
All that's good but nothing compares to success on the pitch.

Don
Spurs are a fine club. Grasping at straws but they made quite a few errors when spending the Bale money but recovered. Pochettino identified the weaknesses in the first team and sorted it. Their problem now is keeping their coaching and playing assets.
Don't know about you but I get the feeling Pochettino is a manager with vision, strategy and a plan to get there. He's not managing based on player popularity & freedom (Martinez); purely on a playing career (Koeman) or choosing matches to try and win whist sacrificing others for safety (Allardyce)

He's the real deal. Wish he was at Goodison.

This is true. However the perception in the media and amongst neutral fans is very different. We are not (hate to say it) 'fashionable'. Haven't been for a long, long time.

I remember even in 1995 the media frenzy for Spurs and Klinsmann to knock-out Royle's Dogs of War. It was biased and they were desperate for them to play the Mancs in final. We spoilt that particular party and it was truly satisfying.

Trouble is we don't appear to have a strategy to change this perception in the media. Not sure why, but we don't. It's like the club just accept it.

The only strategy that will ever change perceptions of us will be those related to playing attractive, successful football and actually winning a thing or two.

The only strategy that will ever change perceptions of us will be those related to playing attractive, successful football and actually winning a thing or two.

You know LFC haven't won anything for quite a long time now. Yet Sky and BT are effectively LFCTV every weekend. The BBC coverage of them is embarrassingly sycophantic, but the corporation is full of those plastic King Kenny loving tools from Surrey and Berkshire. The coverage of a club of our status is appalling but I think we've allowed it to happen to a large extent.

You know LFC haven't won anything for quite a long time now. Yet Sky and BT are effectively LFCTV every weekend. The BBC coverage of them is embarrassingly sycophantic, but the corporation is full of those plastic King Kenny loving tools from Surrey and Berkshire. The coverage of a club of our status is appalling but I think we've allowed it to happen to a large extent.
Agreed, in terms of PR, we have missed the boat more times than a drunken sailor. The creation of the PL should have been the making of us, instead, our sleepy organization fell asleep at the wheel, while other (at the time, lesser "fashionable" clubs), zoomed past us, both in terms of on and off the field enterprise. Even if we could infiltrate the media as much as the RS have, we would still be a struggling middle of the table also-ran.
Having a great stadium will give us a boost, a foundation to build success on (no pun intended), but in the end, it's what we present on the pitch for 90 minutes, week in, week out that will determine our true status. The RS can have all the bias, media hogging pundits they want, all I want is to see a successful, entertaining Everton playing in a fantastic, state of the art stadium on the waterfront.

The plans needs to be revealed soon and at least a 60k capacity.

Never known there to be such a lull about us. I’m beginning to lose all hope of us ever being competitive again.

Don

Don't know about you but I get the feeling Pochettino is a manager with vision, strategy and a plan to get there. He's not managing based on player popularity & freedom (Martinez); purely on a playing career (Koeman) or choosing matches to try and win whist sacrificing others for safety (Allardyce)

He's the real deal. Wish he was at Goodison.

Pochettino has an ethos (high press) and sticks to it.

To be fair Martinez had an ethos (keep hold of possession). Unfortunately under Martinez we developed a stodgy pass sideways midfield. Pochettino’s style was good to watch. Martinez at its best was fine but when it misfired it was dire, not Koeman/Allardyce dire but bad. Martinez didn’t help himself by his media persona.

It be great to identify a manager that has has a style similar to Pochettino. Players seem to want to play for him. No idea who that would be unfortunately.

This is true. However the perception in the media and amongst neutral fans is very different. We are not (hate to say it) 'fashionable'. Haven't been for a long, long time.

I remember even in 1995 the media frenzy for Spurs and Klinsmann to knock-out Royle's Dogs of War. It was biased and they were desperate for them to play the Mancs in final. We spoilt that particular party and it was truly satisfying.

Trouble is we don't appear to have a strategy to change this perception in the media. Not sure why, but we don't. It's like the club just accept it.
We weren't even considered "fashionable" back in 1985,a team with "no stars"the media labelled us, when we were actually a team with eleven stars, sod 'em:)

We weren't even considered "fashionable" back in 1985,a team with "no stars"the media labelled us, when we were actually a team with eleven stars, sod 'em:)
Being fashionable equates to pampering to fickle popular taste, which in turn represents those mindless 'sheeple' who are easily swayed by flavor of the month.
A brand spanking new stadium will no doubt bring out some of those "tourist" fans, which, in this day and age of "business sport" will be encouraged. I don't care, as long as my beloved Everton are up their winning things.

Donald Trump has risked a transatlantic trade war by revealing he will impose a 25 per cent tariff on all steel imports in a move that could have a “devastating” impact on the UK industry.

The US president's move spooked investors, with stock markets in Asia on Friday extending a Wall Street rout.

Mr Trump said he planned to make the announcement next week and also said there would be a 10 per cent tariff on aluminium..

It came despite fierce lobbying from British cabinet ministers and officials as well as infighting among senior Trump administration figures over the repercussions.

Is is not clear whether the tariff will be put on all global steel imports - hitting the UK - or just on a select number of countries including China and India.

The tariff amounts to one of the biggest pieces of trade protectionism adopted since Mr Trump took office and could trigger barriers being raised by those countries affected.

Mr Trump said on Thursday the tariff would be put in place “for a long period of time” but did not go into specifics.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-5452911/The-Latest-Trump-impose-steep-tariffs.html

Good job we have a mate that can do us a deal on some cheap steel.

Donald Trump has risked a transatlantic trade war by revealing he will impose a 25 per cent tariff on all steel imports in a move that could have a “devastating” impact on the UK industry.

The US president's move spooked investors, with stock markets in Asia on Friday extending a Wall Street rout.

Mr Trump said he planned to make the announcement next week and also said there would be a 10 per cent tariff on aluminium..

It came despite fierce lobbying from British cabinet ministers and officials as well as infighting among senior Trump administration figures over the repercussions.

Is is not clear whether the tariff will be put on all global steel imports - hitting the UK - or just on a select number of countries including China and India.

The tariff amounts to one of the biggest pieces of trade protectionism adopted since Mr Trump took office and could trigger barriers being raised by those countries affected.

Mr Trump said on Thursday the tariff would be put in place “for a long period of time” but did not go into specifics.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-5452911/The-Latest-Trump-impose-steep-tariffs.html

Good job we have a mate that can do us a deal on some cheap steel.

Unless we're planning to build our shiny new stadium in the good ol' USA I can't see this import tariff affecting us. In fact it may be a positive as steel producers who previously exported to the USA will have surplus stock

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back