New Everton Stadium

People going on about this report. I haven't seen any negative press or comments in the media, apart from Cllr Kemp, who seems to take issue with only the stadium. He seems to forget the £5bn regeneration of the North end of the docks will be kick started by our project.

File this one under "Kopite no mark from an irrelevant political party has bee in bonnet".

Still in the positive camp. If this was all still so very uncertain and for some 'hanging in the balance' or 'never going to happen', I really cannot see the club issuing such a comprehensive and well thought our Key Principles document plus ask fans to complete a lengthy consultation.

For those of you that seem to enjoy negative hearsay/rumours about the stadium as an opportunity to pan the club, Board and Anderson, whilst smugly saying "I told you so" be careful what you wish for. If it was to collapse then I fully expect Moshiri to move on, leaving this club at real risk of becoming another Villa or Leeds. Then you really will have something to moan about.

Yeah, probably Kenwright.

There is a vacuum regarding news about stadium developments and this gives rise to all sorts of theories about problems that may or may not exist.
This will continue until the club or the council give some real information about where the project currently is.

In the meantime I choose not to believe anything either positive or negative.
This is always true, in the absence of news, people will just make things up.

There is a vacuum regarding news about stadium developments and this gives rise to all sorts of theories about problems that may or may not exist.
This will continue until the club or the council give some real information about where the project currently is.

In the meantime I choose not to believe anything either positive or negative.

Is that not a negative position in its own right?

Or a positive one.

:blush:

On Twitter, I came across a reference to the City Council adopting a skyline policy to restrict the height of new buildings and this will have major impact on Liverpool Waters.

The Council newspaper has most of the details and includes a reference to Bramley Dock:

http://www.liverpoolexpress.co.uk/liverpool-sets-plan-save-world-heritage-status/

Peel have said that they are reviewing the Liverpool Waters scheme and drawing up new masterplans taking account of the World Heritage Committee commentary. See below.

https://www.dezeen.com/2018/02/21/liverpool-waters-unesco-world-heritage-status-uk-news/

Given the shower that is Everton recently if there was anything suggesting the new stadium wasn't progressing (even at a snails pace) the press would be on it in a flash.

Yes, there are clear implications for Liverpool Waters but all the Council report says about the stadium is:

'Another measure addresses the likely planning application by Everton FC to progress a new football stadium at Bramley Moore Dock. The council has stated the application will be dealt with in accordance with national and local planning policy and would need to demonstrate how it benefits the regeneration of the WHS and how its detailed design responds positively to the attributes of OUV of the site.' (WHS - World Heritage Site. OUV - Outstanding Universal Value, and I suppose architects know what that implies.)

I think you will find if this CIPFA report has caused concern, JA will find other reports which could cause public outcry and make any 'concern' go away.

Have asked my contact about this. Reckons councillors have not been privy to the CIPFA report yet. But not sure how much can really happen with the council at the present, with a CEO on police bail and then this last week:
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-council-finance-chief-becky-14330826

In other news, my contact at EFC who recently said all had gone deathly silent on the stadium project is now saying things are moving again a bit. Can't be more specific than that I'm afraid.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back