New Everton Stadium

THEM are applying for planning permission to expand and host music, international and sport events according to Sky Sports

As opposed to those who live their whole life on it, sucking the life out of hard working NHS staff and other low paid slaves subsidising them
benefits_and_tax_credits.png

Yes, those sponging pensioners, disabled people, children and low-paid workers.

Interesting what was it like in 2017?
Yes the Pensioners pay tax on their earnings, then pay tax again on their pensions, a bit harsh when they’ve worked so hard to pay in..
The 2017 breakdown of welfare spending was, 42% on Pensions, 16% disability, injury and incapacity benefits, 18% family and working tax credits, 13% on social care, 10% on housing benefit, and 1% on unemployment benefit.
The absolute numbers can be found here.
My point was not that those groups are undeserving, rather that very few people using the welfare system are as you described.
In reality there's no real evidence for cultures of worklessness or generations of worklessness or 'sucking the life out of hard working NHS staff and other low paid slaves subsidising them', as can be seen in the report here and its citations.

Forgotten all about BMD. It used to be my first port of call thread. Now it's been relegated right down my list of 'must reads'. Probably just grown disillusioned by it all. Can't even be asked looking up Dan Meis on twitter anymore.

Ho hum!

The 2017 breakdown of welfare spending was, 42% on Pensions, 16% disability, injury and incapacity benefits, 18% family and working tax credits, 13% on social care, 10% on housing benefit, and 1% on unemployment benefit.
The absolute numbers can be found here.
My point was not that those groups are undeserving, rather that very few people using the welfare system are as you described.
In reality there's no real evidence for cultures of worklessness or generations of worklessness or 'sucking the life out of hard working NHS staff and other low paid slaves subsidising them', as can be seen in the report here and its citations.

Ok I take your assurance that it doesn’t happen.

Interesting what was it like in 2017?
Yes the Pensioners pay tax on their earnings, then pay tax again on their pensions, a bit harsh when they’ve worked so hard to pay in..

maybe you should go read up on finance and pensions. any payments you make into a pension pot are tax free, so you don't pay tax on the contributions, and then tax again when you receive your pension. this is to encourage people to actively save for later life, as they get the tax breaks on the contributions they put in, and usually their company tops it up as well.

Big Joe. Leading the Reds on about the flights and sitting off in a Boozer doing an Everton podcast.

A true Goodison Giant.

I’d just posted this before seeing your post. I thought it was an excellent interview by Joe, it’s a pity we don’t get similar from the club.....

maybe you should go read up on finance and pensions. any payments you make into a pension pot are tax free, so you don't pay tax on the contributions, and then tax again when you receive your pension. this is to encourage people to actively save for later life, as they get the tax breaks on the contributions they put in, and usually their company tops it up as well.

Those SMART pensions, yes you're right.
Thanks for that

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back