New Everton Stadium

I think @devo85 is onto something here. Was watching last nights game at SP and noticed that stadium has mast structures that are partly inside the seating bowl. Viewed from above this would leave a gap in the stand in exactly the same way the BMD images do. Could it be that the roof supports will form a major part of the stadium aesthetics?

zenitnew12.jpg

zenitnew11.jpg

OzQRerBB0eOKuWQBa-YF8MfGU7ST0dEGD60aKz5WZMQ=s2000

You can see the empty gaps in the stadium renders looking from the outside and the roof is not one that requires any fancy struts/suspension. So things would have to change a lot if that is to be the case.

I see Peel on Instagram mention the stadium before, they have put in a 20m application for planning permission on a link to the stadium and the ferry terminal, on the picture you can see a stadium, perfect square, not sure if it's a new pic or actual design or just a mock up

I do like their stadium (and roof). An Everton/Meis version would suit me. But (up to now) the size of BMD is still below these sort of stadium circa 50-55,000 and Meis isn't a believer in the retractable roof to boot. What will we end up with?! With keeping UNESCO and the WHS on side the BMD site becomes less suitable. IE it's not going to use the dock it'self in any way build the stadium below ground level or build underground parking etc. Going to be a complete infill. Why didn't the club invest in all or part of the Nelson Dock as well?
They can't afford/fund the bit of dock they do have?

I honestly don’t know why they where so ambitious with the 20/21 target.

From previous stadiums and the dock location I assumed it would take around a decade to sort.

I see Peel on Instagram mention the stadium before, they have put in a 20m application for planning permission on a link to the stadium and the ferry terminal, on the picture you can see a stadium, perfect square, not sure if it's a new pic or actual design or just a mock up

It's a placeholder photo that's been used a few times in the past.

Just something for Peel and the likes to show off when they're selling what the whole project will look like in the future.

It's just in there to represent a stadium.

It's nothing new the council will get the new road from the government (it's an extension of Leeds Street). The square is just a image of the proposed stadium location in relation to the Peel developments.

Peel aren't building the new road as some people seem to think. It's being proposed by LCC with government money and was in the Echo weeks ago./

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back