New Everton Stadium

The gaps are formed by the transition from two tier to single tier. The only way to mesh these together would be to forego the steepness of the tiered stands, something that he has tried to avoid.

I understand what you are saying and there will be differences in gradiants at various places, but that doesn't tally with the nature of the gaps that were pointed out. The gaps at BMD do not seem to be as a result of tiers being unaligned. Also, if you view from above the difference in gradiants surely wouldn't really be visible as they aren't in the Stamford Bridge or NWHL seating plans. Both those stadia have quite large walls visible but it doesn't create a gap; the stands are still flush.

EFC3.jpg

workshop-1200x520.jpg

I'm not an architect/structural engineer so cannot comment on whether these 'gaps' are/are not designed for roof supports or other structurally important elements. I can say they do have the effect on the drawings, at least for me, of visual cues that serve to delineate four distinct stands in the upper half of the stadium whilst still managing to retain the feel of a single internal seating bowl through the connection at the lower tier. It is actually quite distinctive internally as a result which is not necessarily a bad thing providing it does not equate to big stanchions and obscured views.

I’d rather end up with a new stadium than without one, which is what is going to happen.

Every single timescale they’ve set they have missed. No way is this going to be up and running in four years. We haven’t even seen a proper design.

dan meis said designs would be shown in 3 weeks time, approx. 3 or 4 MONTHS ago.

months soon turn into years ..

*yawns

I’d rather end up with a new stadium than without one, which is what is going to happen.

Every single timescale they’ve set they have missed. No way is this going to be up and running in four years. We haven’t even seen a proper design.
I didnt know you did fortune telling too

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back