New Everton Stadium

Know who you mean @roydo, and I really hope you're right! Don't think I'll get to BM whatever happens to be honest, but would love to know it was really going to happen!

I have said it loads, I may well be a billion miles off beam. But each small step just seems to cement my theory.

Like you say. Hope I am right. Gonna look a right divvie if not.

Tottenham upped their capacity by a few thousand for their new stadium just a few months ago so I don't think it makes a massive difference to the planning. Their will probably quite a few changes during the build.

You sure about that? @RobSpurs

Not a few thousand, no! They managed to find room for more seats as they refined the plan during construction (and I don't think the structure was changed much, if at all, just a more efficient seating configuration was worked out).

End result: an application for a increase in capacity of 500 was submitted and approved in March...

Valencia started work on their new stadium 9 years ago, then ran out of money,it’s still not finished, so even if we start it,we could end up like them (n)
Im worrried about this, could turn into another failed project that Liverpool seems to have all over the place right now, saying that I dont think it will, its more likely to not even start

Yeah I know 'size envy' an' all that but disappointed at the expected capacity of only 52-54,000 which I believe is due to the nature of the site size eg.needing adequate room for the outside concourses and of course the heritage restrictions, probably only squeeze into the top 10 of the biggest grounds in England by the time it is done.

Not a few thousand, no! They managed to find room for more seats as they refined the plan during construction (and I don't think the structure was changed much, if at all, just a more efficient seating configuration was worked out).

End result: an application for a increase in capacity of 500 was submitted and approved in March...

I can live with that, whats the footprint size? will it fit on BMD.

Yeah I know 'size envy' an' all that but disappointed at the expected capacity of only 52-54,000 which I believe is due to the nature of the site size eg.needing adequate room for the outside concourses and of course the heritage restrictions, probably only squeeze into the top 10 of the biggest grounds in England by the time it is done.
Thing is there might be grounds with bigger capacity but will they be better? I doubt it, we could build a 50k stadium and it will be better then St James, Anfield and West Ham's nonsense for a start

Best looking stadium I've seen in a long time is those pictures are accurate. ;)

So no finance in place,no detailed design or capacity nailed down, no project manager, Brexit around the corner etc bloody no chance this is happening.

To be honest as soo as Brexit happend their was far chance this was happening anyway. Steel has already went up 60%. Expect further rises in construction costs and a tightening of budgets from all councils and governments.

Thats why 54,000-ish is nailed on
'Cost a little bit less'
'Short Term'
'Shortsighted'
If you could buy sticks of Everton rock, you would have a choice of those words running through it to pick from
And of course the perennial best seller...
'Everton That'

Too true! As a club we seem to love mediocrity. It’s a long time since we lived up to that famous motto of ours.

Keep the faith mate. The key line in that article was the £Billion Liverpool Waters development reference. Bramley Moore one end, Liver Building the other, both owned, (kinda) by the same people. Lets see who joins the dots in between.

Know who my chips are on. @Brisan123

Don't get him started again on Corestate, the assest management company he thinks is a " big " player.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back