New Everton Stadium

52,000 would also be smaller than Newcastle’s ground. We would be a laughing stock.

And would it really make good financial sense to spend half a billion Pounds for just 12,000 more seats?

This is the thing I wish people would admit about their capacity hang-ups.

It's really mostly about what the Liverpool fans are going to say, isn't it? I'll let you in on a secret: it wouldn't matter if we built the best stadium on earth, they'd still "laugh" at us. Opposition fans will laugh at us when we inevitably don't fill a 60k+ ground. They'd laugh at us even if we did, for having to give tickets away like West Ham. That's football.

It's as if people forget that if this thing is built, it'll be on the banks of the Mersey, part of the famous skyline, close to the City centre, part of a major development for the area, will have a design that'll be the envy of most if not all the other clubs in the country (if it's anything like the workshop images), will deliver very competitive matchday revenue in part through the greater supply of expensive (corporate, box etc) seating rather than simply more standard seating, will be the premier stadium venue in the city for hosting events, will be a stadium we can actually fill regularly AND will still be comfortably over 50k in overall capacity.

I'm pretty sure in terms of what we originally wanted the new ground to look like, that's the dream. It certainly was for me, before this move was ever talked about. I think anyone laughing at that would be a kopite and/or insane. It'd be so much better than L4, as great a home as it's been.

Tldr; If having the best ground was a competition and actually mattered (which it isn't and doesn't), rest assured that BMD would beat Anfield hands down every time.

It’s actually amazing that we’re supposed to be submitting a planning application in a few months and we don’t know: the capacity, the design or how we’re going to pay for it.

Shambles on the pitch and an even bigger shambles at boardroom level.

Tottenham upped their capacity by a few thousand for their new stadium just a few months ago so I don't think it makes a massive difference to the planning. Their will probably quite a few changes during the build.

Tottenham upped their capacity by a few thousand for their new stadium just a few months ago so I don't think it makes a massive difference to the planning. Their will probably quite a few changes during the build.

You sure about that? @RobSpurs

The place will be finished in a few weeks.

More waffle with little to no substance.

No finalised capacity or detailed design. Jesus ...

No funding arrangement in place.

No stadium Director appointed.

2025/26 earliest if at all. Calling it now.
It looks to me like the proverbial can is being kicked so far down the street it's out of sight. Not happening in my lifetime people, however I am nearly 73!

It looks to me like the proverbial can is being kicked so far down the street it's out of sight. Not happening in my lifetime people, however I am nearly 73!

Keep the faith mate. The key line in that article was the £Billion Liverpool Waters development reference. Bramley Moore one end, Liver Building the other, both owned, (kinda) by the same people. Lets see who joins the dots in between.

Know who my chips are on. @Brisan123

A stadium project manager?!? What the hell is Harris supposed to be doing then?!

It's a full time job keeping his bird happy

2819488F00000578-0-image-m-13_1430255248251.jpg

Keep the faith mate. The key line in that article was the £Billion Liverpool Waters development reference. Bramley Moore one end, Liver Building the other, both owned, (kinda) by the same people. Lets see who joins the dots in between.

Know who my chips are on. @Brisan123
Know who you mean @roydo, and I really hope you're right! Don't think I'll get to BM whatever happens to be honest, but would love to know it was really going to happen!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back