New Everton Stadium

Thing is there are areas that can be used for parking, there is a massive space to the east of Great Howarth Street at the back of the Tabbacco Warehouse for example, and if the ferry is sensible on price then can ship a lot of people over from the Wirral/North Wales
From Peel's side of the project, there has been discussions with land owners (including Network Rail) regarding parking in and around the local area.

Re. Parking difficulties, can't we propose some creative solutions between us?

Here's a starter; the Club / Council buys a decommission aircraft carrier or ferry. Up to 45 minutes beforehand you can park your car on it, then for the match duration + stadium emptying time it will leave the dock and station half a mile away, returning afterwards so people can pick up their cars again.

Btw it doesn't stay docked the whole time for security / space

Moving to a new stadium increases the average attendance dramatically.

Before West Ham moved to the London Stadiun, they had 24,000 season ticket holders and they rarely filled Upton Park. They now have 53,000 season ticket holders.

People are more willing to pay £50 to watch a football match if the stadium is of a high standard and has no obstructed views.

Some on here would have you believe that we’re not as big a club as West Ham.

He's there to work on funding for BMD. That, as far as I can see, is his only value. And a great job he's done so far on that score.
With the rising premier league tide having lifted all boats, the current wisdom is that EFC is now 'worth' 400M
Short version; Moshiri, if he could sell today, would 'make' 100M. If BMD goes ahead those figures go up to 700M with 300M profit.
The slow but sure rise in Interest rates were starting to see now will cause the cost of borrowing increase.
Building costs always seem to rise.
This potential squeeze has already moved the capacity down.
Over the last 10yrs or so, with falling interest rates as well, the rs have been through this whole new build thing and 2 owners later, decided the cost was not worth it...hence project Big Stand.

As I see it Moshiri has (at least) 3 options
Sell if he can, make what he can (100M?)
Some how get any version of BMD up and running
Do a phased 61,878 redevelop of Goodison...and it can be done for half or less of even a basic BMD - then sell, not for top money, but for more than the do nothing 100M take a profit option.
This assumes there would be a buyer of course

We all want a new ground, I dont think anybody can deny that we need one.
We all want what is best for the Club.
We hope Moshiri does too.
But mostly what people want is what is best for themselves.
We have to also admit that from Moshiri's point of view, those 2 things might not be one and the same

I'll believe it when I sit in my new seat...I'll even believe it if I have to walk around the corner after leaving the Winslow to sit in it.
I can hear the tannoy now...'Commence Operation Redevelop Goodison' soon to be followed by 'Commence Operation Quick Sale'
Or maybe we'll hear them the otherway around...after all This Is Everton and nothing should surprise me by now
#ROI.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back