New Everton Stadium

There is no way in this world that the Planning Application, that should've gone in last year, is going to go in by the end of this year.. Dan Meis said renders within weeks, not months. Richard Kenyon agreed. Now we are told the design and capacity still has not been decided. The commercial sensitivity catch all was rolled out. What can be commercially sensitive about stadium design? What the hell is going on at Everton? Still no finance agreement and Everton are now saying they don't know when it will be. Where is the Stadium Project Manager? Why has Keith Harris still not uttered a single world about the Stadium or what he is going to do to facilitate its delivery?
Looking forward to 'Commence Operation do up the Bullens'

Just been to Lambeau Field. The interior of the stadium is something I'd love us to emulate. Never been in stadium toilets with so many urinals and so much space. Brought flashbacks of the gwladys bogs and standing in a puddle of pee, cramped, shoulder to shoulder peeing in to a trough.
So many toilet blocks. So many food outlets. Love the American stadium ramps for letting fans from upper tiers exit the ground.
View attachment 48481View attachment 48482View attachment 48483

Not going to happen I'm afraid, space is going to be at a premium. The good news is it will be about 3 x better than what we have at Goodison.

There is no way in this world that the Planning Application, that should've gone in last year, is going to go in by the end of this year.. Dan Meis said renders within weeks, not months. Richard Kenyon agreed. Now we are told the design and capacity still has not been decided. The commercial sensitivity catch all was rolled out. What can be commercially sensitive about stadium design? What the hell is going on at Everton? Still no finance agreement and Everton are now saying they don't know when it will be. Where is the Stadium Project Manager? Why has Keith Harris still not uttered a single world about the Stadium or what he is going to do to facilitate its delivery?
If contracts are out to tender that could be commercially sensitive.

FOUR MONTHS on since the workshops and still absolutely no new information on: capacity, design or funding. Just pathetic.

They must be so far behind their deadlines at this stage.
As soon as you seen the lightweight CEO tell us that there's going to be more consultations you should have twigged the jig's up with this. She's still just talking about appointing a stadium czar.

If this year passes into 2019 without any major (and I mean MAJOR) step forward on this scheme then it's dead.

I've been stopping in one of the hotels on the waterfront these last couple of nights, and I've been absolutely gobsmacked at the parking restrictions and the cost of parking that part of the city. Actually seeing the site with my own eyes brings it home in a massive way, the logistical nightmare that may be in evidence when the place is up and running.
It's sure going to add another dimension to the match day experience alright.

I've been stopping in one of the hotels on the waterfront these last couple of nights, and I've been absolutely gobsmacked at the parking restrictions and the cost of parking that part of the city. Actually seeing the site with my own eyes brings it home in a massive way, the logistical nightmare that may be in evidence when the place is up and running.
It's sure going to add another dimension to the match day experience alright.
It's the centre of a fairly major city with a myriad of public transport options. Jib the car.
If you can't totally do that you can use the 'park and ride ' system.
Building public stadia which prioritise car use is largely discredited now.

If contracts are out to tender that could be commercially sensitive.

As the stadium may well use public money in its construction does it become subject to EU public tendering regulations, does anyone know? If so, tendering is public, I think. (It does look a complicated business! About which I know little to nothing.)

It's the centre of a fairly major city with a myriad of public transport options. Jib the car.
If you can't totally do that you can use the 'park and ride ' system.
Building public stadia which prioritise car use is largely discredited now.
This is deffo what the club/city should be looking at if train isn't an option. Get a fleet of road trolleys to bring fans from parking areas.
images.webp

As the stadium may well use public money in its construction does it become subject to EU public tendering regulations, does anyone know? If so, tendering is public, I think. (It does look a complicated business! About which I know little to nothing.)
dont know about any build tenders using public money being a public tender but we aren't committed to using public accessed funds yet.

dont know about any build tenders using public money being a public tender but we aren't committed to using public accessed funds yet.

I am fairly sure that it is a requirement for a publicly funded project to be open to tender across the European Union if over a certain value. But, you are correct about us not being, as yet, committed to public funding.

As soon as you seen the lightweight CEO tell us that there's going to be more consultations you should have twigged the jig's up with this. She's still just talking about appointing a stadium czar.

If this year passes into 2019 without any major (and I mean MAJOR) step forward on this scheme then it's dead.

Er...Dave...Keith Harris is the director responsible for the stadium project....

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back