New Everton Stadium

I get a tad frustrated with continual sniping at the likely outcome of the project and the speed that people - not in the know, not in the loop - decide that the club should undertake this mammoth cost/task.

I work in a very large organisation and my annual budget is more than 100 million, if we made decisions in as haphazard a way as being proposed on here, without any of the facts (not conjecture) we'd be bust in no time.

Sometimes I wonder if most of us don't actually deserve this new development - and if we do, for heaven's sake give them some time to develop one of the most costly, difficult and wonderful projects our club has ever undertaken. Let them work on the answers to the best of their ability and within the pattern of affordability our owner has decided he can afford, or finance.

In other words, just butt out until there is something to discuss.

I'm inclined to agree but I doubt if there is any Plan B on the table, at least in the medium-term.

If things were to officially go south on this though, I don't think we'll ever hear definitively, but I would expect they would fairly quickly latch onto another "project" as the disappointment would be just too great and they're never going to quash all hope.

The stakes are enormously high here which is why I think the only true test is time and what happens or doesn't happen over the next 6-12 months.

I still think that if this fails, then we are another 10 years away from re-opening this again, in any serious manner. The damage to the clubs reputation of yet another failed initiative would take quite something to get over.

We have a "billionaire" with billionaire associates. You;d think we'd be able to swing this with a degree of effort....apprarently not. The council funding fantasy still the only plan they have.

We have a "billionaire" with billionaire associates. You;d think we'd be able to swing this with a degree of effort....apprarently not. The council funding fantasy still the only plan they have.

So are you now suggesting that our owner, Mr Moshiri, is in fact, not a billionaire? And is your inference that his associates (business partners) are also short of a quid or two? I wouldn't mind being a pound behind any of them, to be honest. I trust them over any rag-arsed poster on here.

Regarding fantasy suggest you try out here it'll blow your mind, it does mine.

So are you now suggesting that our owner, Mr Moshiri, is in fact, not a billionaire? And is your inference that his associates (business partners) are also short of a quid or two? I wouldn't mind being a pound behind any of them, to be honest. I trust them over any rag-arsed poster on here.

Regarding fantasy suggest you try out here it'll blow your mind, it does mine.
Does this stadium scheme make him look like a billionaire?

I like Dave but this is going to ruin you, reputation will be in tatters when it happens.

An Esk like fall from grace awaits.

Sad times.
bstngp.gif

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back