New Everton Stadium

Safe standing won't increase capacity.

1:1 ratio.
I did think safe standing can be done to double the capacity in that space. If I remember correctly from.the initial plans the seat is on a step with a step below for yr feet. When the seat is stored a person can stand where the seat has been and another person on the step below. Could be wrong though

I was told a month back on here that no alterations were allowed since the PA had gone in. Experts schmexperts. :coffee:

Same stupid backward looking 'Leach criss-crosses' on the brickwork I see, though. Ridiculous harking back to the 19th century for a club that's trying to use its stadium to announce its arrival in the 21st century.

I had thought that the inclusion of that was down to a yank like Meis trying to underline how "Evertonian" he was. Obvioulsy some other divvies think its a 'good' idea.

We all know how this will proceed now.

The club submit these amended design changes.

Some Koppite in the council office will throw it behind a filing cabinet in the 'Ways and Means' dept.

A cleaner will find it around mid December, and no further news until mid 2021.

;) :coffee:

We all know how this will proceed now.

The club submit these amended design changes.

Some Koppite in the council office will throw it behind a filing cabinet in the 'Ways and Means' dept.

A cleaner will find it around mid December, and no further news until mid 2021.

;) :coffee:
The clear subtext of that announcement today was that the original PA was considered and found wanting, and now the club will resubmit with changes to the stadium, but that they feel they're facing headwinds still from LCC regardless of tweaking the design, height etc.

The club mentioning central government was an absolute giveaway that they feel they are going to have to throw themselves at the mercy of the Secretary of State to get past local opposition.

I was told a month back on here that no alterations were allowed since the PA had gone in. Experts schmexperts. :coffee:

Same stupid backward looking 'Leach criss-crosses' on the brickwork I see, though. Ridiculous harking back to the 19th century for a club that's trying to use its stadium to announce its arrival in the 21st century.

I had thought that the inclusion of that was down to a yank like Meis trying to underline how "Evertonian" he was. Obvioulsy some other divvies think its a 'good' idea.
Not like you to be negative Dave.
What happened to your stance that there was no intention to build the ground , and that Moshiri was a carpetbagger.

The clear subtext of that announcement today was that the original PA was considered and found wanting, and now the club will resubmit with changes to the stadium, but that they feel they're facing headwinds still from LCC regardless of tweaking the design, height etc.

The club mentioning central government was an absolute giveaway that they feel they are going to have to throw themselves at the mercy of the Secretary of State to get past local opposition.

It was always going to have objections based purely on the location, it’s no surprise. For once I am glad the club seem to have been as transparent as they can and not built any expectations in terms of a spade in the ground this year.

FWIW, I hardly think LCC will have found the PA wanting, more like a load of spods who dress in capes of a weekend who are arsed about “the historic dock walls”. The dock that’s sat unused for god knows how many years. Held up by utter gimps. I think the aesthetic changes are very nice, although could do with more weather protection river side.

Read something elswhere that it will only go to government if the opposition to the stadium (Unesco) has support from any local politicians however this doesnt seem the case so fingers crossed LCC rubberstamp it December and its done

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back