New Everton Stadium

I'm not sure if you're right on the available space once the stadium and it's extended footprint are in place. That mega-store might have to be less than mega. And what about a museum? Fundamental this.
Everton could buy all the properties on regent road from the stadium gates to Costco and it wouldn't cost what it would cost to fill in a dock.

No mate, that's just a renovated pump house. Way too small.

That's a great feature though.
I always thought the pump house was quite small, until about a week ago when I saw a video of the BMD site taken from the water treatment plant, and was surprised at how large the pump house actually was. It isn’t just the pump tower, there’s also a large one storey section to it hidden on the west side, which itself is around 5000 square feet. I think it would be much larger inside than many people realise

402391B4-9CB0-4B5E-9A29-2207C9ABDDD7.png

260A2E5C-14D6-40B8-8F7E-EE043FCEBF44.png

I always thought the pump house was quite small, until about a week ago when I saw a video of the BMD site taken from the water treatment plant, and was surprised at how large the pump house actually was. It isn’t just the pump tower, there’s also a large one storey section to it hidden on the west side, which itself is around 5000 square feet. I think it would be much larger inside than many people realise

View attachment 173587

View attachment 173588

It's not quite a church, but I imagine it will probably cater for the social aspect at St Lukes, programme selling, memorabilia, hopefully anyway.

View attachment 173587

View attachment 173588

Yeah, good find mate. That area looks significant. They must be employing some experts for that. It looks absolutely decrepit.

I dont think I've ever heard of plans (rather than speculation) from the club that they'll turn that into a club museum though. Much more likely that they'll go a for a Spurs type in-stadium museum. They announced a museum addition pretty late on in the build.

Everton could buy all the properties on regent road from the stadium gates to Costco and it wouldn't cost what it would cost to fill in a dock.

Keeping it all on the dock would be contiguous though. It would also make sure that no development got a foothold next to the stadium that the club wouldn't want there. I mean, having a scrap yard outside Goodison for years wasn't a great look was it?

Keeping it all on the dock would be contiguous though. It would also make sure that no development got a foothold next to the stadium that the club wouldn't want there. I mean, having a scrap yard outside Goodison for years wasn't a great look was it?
Did it ever stop you going the match?

Did it ever stop you going the match?
That's not the point. The point is that it denied Everton space to be able to build and it made the ground shabby looking from Walton Lane.

Do we want a different kind of hindrance and nuisance at the docks?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back