New Everton Stadium

Think the majority find it a pleasing feature,no stadium design will please everyone.
That's fair enough. But let's not pretend that a concept that's been compromised and no longer represents the original intention is something that looks good. That wasn't the vision of the designer.

What is it they say about a camel being a horse designed by committee?

Neither are blue shirts. Perhaps we should just play in the new pink away shirt which you admire so much. :coffee:

I hate to break this to you but blue shirts are not synonymous with Everton FC.

There's one thing that people get about the club iconography-wise and that is the Tower on the badge. The club are marketing every bit of their gear and merchandise with a simplified version of it now; it would have been much more logical to have that emblem featured on the facade to represent the district whence we came.

Am I wrong?

Let’s be positive: it’s 2022 and the major debate is now not the design, the capacity, whether the pitch will fit (k'in ell, you lunatics) or the lack of a monorail et al.

If the major complaint is about the aesthetics of the brickwork, surely next work it'll be the width between the ale pumps or the choice of mustard for the hotdogs.

I’ll be fuming if it’s French mustard……

Am I wrong?
bait-thats.gif

Well that's a matter for conjecture rather than fact. Many other clubs had those trusses and some still retain them. If you lived in Glasgow, Rangers fans would give you one hell of an argument about the claim you make here (their South Stand is listed), and no doubt Portsmouth would too, given that they've gone to great lengths and expense to bring theirs back into full view. It's subjective. Sunderland have had the right idea and placed part of the trusses in their museum, where they belong.

It's not unique to Everton. That's the point. Ten other grounds still have them as of 2018.

No-one has said it was unique, however it synonymous with Everton FC. We had 3 of them.... we had the first major one, no other football ground had 3 of his double-deckers. Rangers had just one and it is covered by a facsimile of the original in parts. It is listed mainly because of its ornate facade.

Well that's a matter for conjecture rather than fact. Many other clubs had those trusses and some still retain them. If you lived in Glasgow, Rangers fans would give you one hell of an argument about the claim you make here (their South Stand is listed), and no doubt Portsmouth would too, given that they've gone to great lengths and expense to bring theirs back into full view. It's subjective. Sunderland have had the right idea and placed part of the trusses in their museum, where they belong.

It's not unique to Everton. That's the point. Ten other grounds still have them as of 2018.
Imagine referencing one of the visual cues people love about Goodison. The nerve!

What kind of outfit would do that?

View attachment 174315

I think you're missing the point. You're absolutely right it's not unique to Everton.

But it is synonymous with Everton, in fact, with Goodison.

And before you say (in a childish voice) "well Rangers have it, Sunderland had it Portsmouth had it", actually that is not the point either.

The point is after nearly 115 years (the old main stand built in 1909) the criss-cross is what we (Evertonians) know of Goodison Park. It's instantly recognisable to US, and probably to most other fans who know their grounds.

No one alive today will have any point of view different!

The only thing I am disappointed with and this is understandable as it is Meis own design it is his 'stamp' on BMD not Archibald Leitch. But a nod
inside the stadium would have made us feel right at home.

But it could be the above (from Allen) might appear at BMD on the digital advertising screens between the tiers. I'll take that as a consolation prize.

I hate to break this to you but blue shirts are not synonymous with Everton FC.

There's one thing that people get about the club iconography-wise and that is the Tower on the badge. The club are marketing every bit of their gear and merchandise with a simplified version of it now; it would have been much more logical to have that emblem featured on the facade to represent the district whence we came.

Am I wrong?

On the same theme. In the questionnaire that was sent out by the club over the proposals for the stadium, there was a section for suggestions. I proposed having a replica of Prince Ruperts Tower in the corner of the fan zone somewhere for photo-ops.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back