New Everton Stadium

If a vote would have been put to fans on how the external brickwork should look and they had two options:

Truss brickwork on the stadium - broken up by metal panels
Tower motif to be incorporated at certain points around the stadium facade

...what do you think the majority would have gone for?

One is something that tips its hat merely to a feature of Goodison Park; the other is a recognition of where we originated from.

Personally, I'd have neither. Because, as I said, it's backward looking and we need to be sending out a clear message we're in business for future success. But of the two choices I set there's only one that really defines us.

For someone that would have neither you don't half spend a lot of time making the point.

But assuming Meis hadn't incorporated a nod to Leitch or St Rupert's Tower anywhere in the new ground, I would be shocked, (shocked I tell thee) that @davek , who was adamant we were all folly for believing it would be built, would have been ok that he designed a stadium for us with NO inherent reference to Goodison or the Tower.

All right yeah.

Anyone can be a critic, nothing special about it.

I don't know how you've the neck to show up in this thread anymore.
You've become a parody of yourself.

Let’s be positive: it’s 2022 and the major debate is now not the design, the capacity, whether the pitch will fit (k'in ell, you lunatics) or the lack of a monorail et al.

If the major complaint is about the aesthetics of the brickwork, surely next work it'll be the width between the ale pumps or the choice of mustard for the hotdogs.
I'm sure Dave will find something else to get enraged about in the coming days and weeks. What are we up to now? Windmills, big wall, egress, bricks, the height of the roof, have I missed anything?

I'm sure Dave will find something else to get enraged about in the coming days and weeks. What are we up to now? Windmills, big wall, egress, bricks, the height of the roof, have I missed anything?
He's both in a tizzy about the patterns being on the bricks, and also in a tizzy about the patterns not being on the mesh.

The stadium's coming along nicely, at this point is it known how the seats would be allocated?

What I mean by that is do we know the maximum number of season tickets that can be issued before a waiting list would exist? If there's a minimum number of public tickets that must be available and the minimum capacity assigned to away fans?

Sorry if this information is already available or not yet.

The stadium's coming along nicely, at this point is it known how the seats would be allocated?

What I mean by that is do we know the maximum number of season tickets that can be issued before a waiting list would exist? If there's a minimum number of public tickets that must be available and the minimum capacity assigned to away fans?

One per person I think ?

What I really hope is that the seats are effectively picked up and overlaid to their corresponding seats. Then there is a period in which people can change if they want. I've sat with the same people for over 20 years now, would be a shame to be forced to sit away. Unless they want to of course. They might be relishing the chance of getting rid of me....

Was wondering myself about season tickets and how we will be allocated seats in the new stadium. Has this been released as yet? I know we all had to fill in a huggeeeeeeee questionnaire ages ago about preference's and hospitality etc but seen nothing since.

Let’s be positive: it’s 2022 and the major debate is now not the design, the capacity, whether the pitch will fit (k'in ell, you lunatics) or the lack of a monorail et al.

If the major complaint is about the aesthetics of the brickwork, surely next work it'll be the width between the ale pumps or the choice of mustard for the hotdogs.
The sad thing is that you are not wrong at all.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back