New Everton Stadium

I have never seen a major, multi year build delivered as a fixed price. As a contractor you'd be mad to agree to it.

Perhaps the prep works and prefab structure, but once you get into the really time/material consuming bit of fitting it out is where you start to find issues and need rework etc.
Exactly, didn't stop Denise from crowing about it though, did it?

"look how well I've done!"

As usual whenever the Everton board proclaim a 'success' it's only part of the story.

It's looking that way, isn't it?

I'm sure he'd much sooner have a finance deal in place rather than use his own money but if he simply has to stump up, he will.

The rising cost maybe an issue, but were the club (DBB) not shouting from the rooftops a few short months ago how they had negotiated a fixed delivery cost?

Surely they were not being economical with the truth, I mean.... That would be so out of character. :coffee:

Yes, was in a meeting not long ago where Colin Chong said something similar regarding material costs etc. Not sure if he meant just for the first phase or whole project, but now hearing noises that the costs have risen. Who knows?

I have never seen a major, multi year build delivered as a fixed price. As a contractor you'd be mad to agree to it.

Perhaps the prep works and prefab structure, but once you get into the really time/material consuming bit of fitting it out is where you start to find issues and need rework etc.
Liverpool's mainstand was a fixed cost project. It's not that unusual... then again, they went bust not long after.

Liverpool's mainstand was a fixed cost project. It's not that unusual... then again, they went bust not long after.

My experience was on the contractor side for energy and infrastructure projects. Normally public sectors. We'd normally pitch at cost price-plus a given profit %, with variations to be agreed with the client.

This being a completely new site, I can see why you could argue for a fixed price. However, if Laings have pitched it as such and bring it in, they'll make an absolute killing. That's the business, however.

Happens all the time, more prevalent than Construction Management.

I'm there every week now, apart from flying the drone I just get a pint and sit in awe of the place, as you say, everyone if they can, go, drink it in as it grows. I'm totally hooked and constantly need my fix
Same. In town picking flooring up to fit so gonna try fly past in a bit too, no doubt stop and giggle a little bit like an excited child lol

As someone who has worked in Steel Industry it is rare to hold a price for more than 90 days ...but it has been done on bigger jobs than BMD.

Production slots are the big factor especially with cladding.

20220726_125539.webp
20220726_125330.webp
20220726_125310.webp
20220726_125302.webp
20220726_125018.webp
20220726_125013.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back