New Everton Stadium

Yes, was in a meeting not long ago where Colin Chong said something similar regarding material costs etc. Not sure if he meant just for the first phase or whole project, but now hearing noises that the costs have risen. Who knows?
I’d imagine the costs have risen quite a lot materials costing more fuel etc companies and their employees will of put their prices up so all the small increases in this and that over such a huge project Would become quite costly I’d imagine.

Saw a few older fellas down there getting their first close up look at the new place. The look of awe and genuine surprise and happiness on their faces was priceless. Lots of wows and the bloody size of it comments. Made me smile to see blues so enthused by it all. ?

It's looking that way, isn't it?

I'm sure he'd much sooner have a finance deal in place rather than use his own money but if he simply has to stump up, he will.

The rising cost maybe an issue, but were the club (DBB) not shouting from the rooftops a few short months ago how they had negotiated a fixed delivery cost?

Surely they were not being economical with the truth, I mean.... That would be so out of character. :coffee:
I’d be surprised if it were the case.

Financing will happen, it’s just a question of how favourable the terms are.

Saw a few older fellas down there getting their first close up look at the new place. The look of awe and genuine surprise and happiness on their faces was priceless. Lots of wows and the bloody size of it comments. Made me smile to see blues so enthused by it all. ?
Keep it up tommye , it makes me want to cross the border to get over to the new ground asap to have a good look around.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back