New Everton Stadium

Pity we can’t have a small ferry terminal for a match day ferry next to the stadium. You would think the ferry service to the Wirral would be operating before and after games to accommodate fans. Less traffic better for the environment etc. Knowing our council the last ferry will be five minutes before full time.

The space around the ends is a lot more substantial than I anticipated. You stuck two of those plant machines down Goodison road side by side and there wouldn't be a whole lot more room, it looks like we can fit in 3 and that isn't counting the space under the steel columns where you could walk.

Screenshot_20220821-123248_Chrome.jpg

The space around the ends is a lot more substantial than I anticipated. You stuck two of those plant machines down Goodison road side by side and there wouldn't be a whole lot more room, it looks like we can fit in 3 and that isn't counting the space under the steel columns where you could walk.

View attachment 179440
He is getting the best shots tbf, he crashed his drone on that one aswel he said when going around the north stand.

Thought he was going to run into the water plant when he started going around. Would have been good to have seen the full video of that.
Tbh some if the footage was really interesting as he seemed to get really close compared to other drone operators so surprised he crashed it.

Someone mentioned roof trusses ? I would have thought the west stand at least would have to come along at least before we see them

Tbh some if the footage was really interesting as he seemed to get really close compared to other drone operators so surprised he crashed it.

Someone mentioned roof trusses ? I would have thought the west stand at least would have to come along at least before we see them

The roof trusses going in soon came from the club's podcast, these are just going over the ends to start with and presumably put the load on the corner core structures, so these can be done without the side stands being there.

View attachment 179440
Are those white beams that go up to the left at a 45 degree ish angle temporary? Can’t see them on the final images and can see them getting in my way when walking under the stand

!Too late to edit)
Thinking back, when it was going through a bit of a cash crisis (mid 70s?) somebody from Aintree proposed it and one said OK, one said Koff
I seem to remember it was Peter Robinson (their club sec at the time?) who suggested it (1970's). I'm not certain tho and can't remember if it was us who said 'koff !

Pity we can’t have a small ferry terminal for a match day ferry next to the stadium. You would think the ferry service to the Wirral would be operating before and after games to accommodate fans. Less traffic better for the environment etc. Knowing our council the last ferry will be five minutes before full time.

I'm not knocking it, but nowadays the Ferry is primarily for tourists.

Not 100% sure, but I seem to remember 2 or possibly 3 boats on the river.

You could go from Liverpool to Birkenhead, New Brighton, and Wallasey.

It would be brill if BMD was a new ferry stop.

Are those white beams that go up to the left at a 45 degree ish angle temporary? Can’t see them on the final images and can see them getting in my way when walking under the stand

As you say looking at the completed drawings they don't seem to be there so I would think they are coming down at some point:

Screenshot_20220821-160148_Gallery.webp

That said unless you are over 8 foot tall I don't think you would have any problems walking under them if they were to stay. Not including the one that is closest and at a different angle to the rest which is most definitely temporary - even then it's probably higher off the ground than we think it is looking at the picture.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back