New Everton Stadium

What is that exactly?

Like Baltic Market, loads of independent stalls with big screens for matches.

1660990022630.webp

That's the one outside Wembley. Indoor so good all year round (although for football I think it's only utilized in the summer for playoffs, finals and tournaments).

Shoreditch has one too which I believe is outdoor but they have a series of parasols so can feel like it's in doors.

I'd strongly push for something like the indoor Wembley one if possible as part of the huge fan plaza which will be exposed to the elements by the river even if they account for the wind. (bifold doors for a length of the building for when it's warm.)

They're used all week to watch other sports and even weird things like love island so they can be a good money marker. Would definitely be worth looking at.

I remember somebody telling me in the early 90's that EFC and LFC were thinking of building a joint stadium somewhere in the docks. This was before King's Dock, even before Peter Johnson and Cronton (Christ, imagine that).

I remember that, most peoples views were “sure, as long as the seats are blue!”

I remember somebody telling me in the early 90's that EFC and LFC were thinking of building a joint stadium somewhere in the docks. This was before King's Dock, even before Peter Johnson and Cronton (Christ, imagine that).
The was also a plan...from one side...to build on the race course at Aintree. Can't remember now who proposed it and who said koff...it was an option for a brief time, but needed 2 to tango, which was always going to be a bit of a tough ask.

!Too late to edit)
Thinking back, when it was going through a bit of a cash crisis (mid 70s?) somebody from Aintree proposed it and one said OK, one said Koff

Like Baltic Market, loads of independent stalls with big screens for matches.

View attachment 179299

That's the one outside Wembley. Indoor so good all year round (although for football I think it's only utilized in the summer for playoffs, finals and tournaments).

Shoreditch has one too which I believe is outdoor but they have a series of parasols so can feel like it's in doors.

I'd strongly push for something like the indoor Wembley one if possible as part of the huge fan plaza which will be exposed to the elements by the river even if they account for the wind. (bifold doors for a length of the building for when it's warm.)

They're used all week to watch other sports and even weird things like love island so they can be a good money marker. Would definitely be worth looking at.

Yeah, I'm sure there will be at least one. In fact there probably already is scope with the 10 Streets Social and The Opaque Flatulence Facility. Even 2 years will see a lot of places opening, probably even High Street names like McDonalds and Wetherspoons. Wonder if we'll get a Gregg's?

We purportedly stand for values.

We then proceed to build a stadium and solicit pricy main stand seats to those who are antithetical to those values.

I don't think it's complicated.
Bit of a weird stance.

Every club has 'premium' packages on offer.

I'm sure they will still have relatively affordable tickets available for those who want them.

Bit of a weird stance.

Every club has 'premium' packages on offer.

I'm sure they will still have relatively affordable tickets available for those who want them.
Exactly.
FWIW I would much rather I could pay cash at the turnstiles and stand behind the goal . . . but times change and we have to change with them or be left behind.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back