New Everton Stadium

The additional cost of putting a few extra thousand seats into the capacity would push the build costs into the extreme and not worth the ROI
I honestly think it would be worth it.

The ammount of people trying to get tickets must be a few thousand?

I , for one struggle , and that doesn't include the shortlist for a ST

True, but are we realistically going to sell out a 60k stadium at home to Bournemouth on a Saturday afternoon?
Also, any extra seats added are by their nature, going to be the cheapest seats in the house. The ROI diminishes as the capacity increases.

True, but are we realistically going to sell out a 60k stadium at home to Bournemouth on a Saturday afternoon?
Also, any extra seats added are by their nature, going to be the cheapest seats in the house. The ROI diminishes as the capacity increases.
Honestly? I think we'd be surprised

I can't help but think we will be kicking ourselves over the size

The numbers will have been crunched from the off and to support the case.

At a rough estimate putting an extra 5000 seats would put an additional cost in the region of lets say 150 million.

Each of the new 5000 seats sell at 75 quid per ticket would bring in just over 7 million per season and would take over 20 years to repay from the proceeds. That's with no interest on the additional cost.

The numbers will have been crunched from the off and to support the case.

At a rough estimate putting an extra 5000 seats would put an additional cost in the region of lets say 150 million.

Each of the new 5000 seats sell at 75 quid per ticket would bring in just over 7 million per season and would take over 20 years to repay from the proceeds. That's with no interest on the additional cost.
Bums on seats, extra revenue at Food Stands, Spend in Club Shop, all adds up over time!

I do think 55000 should have been the minimum and probably perfect. I don’t know the exact number of people on the waiting list, but I heard it was around 20,000 give or take a few 1000 either way. However not everyone one of them will take up the option. Plus you will have an away allocation of 3000. Not many teams will opt for full allocation so we will have extra seats there during most games. The new stadium will be definitely sold out every game from a home team point of view. As stated this will mean the club can increase ticket prices due to limited availability. Don’t know how much it would have cost to to have the 60,000 seater which was first proposed. In the end club have gone with just under 53000 so is what it is. Still a beautiful stadium.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back