New Everton Stadium

Is there a reason other than the 'visual aspect' of that tier being dipped. I get the view of 'it breaks the standard height line'.

Just curious as surely it would have been simple enough to match it and gain a rough estimate of another 1000 or so seats?

I know 1000 is a relatively small number, but that could be another 1m revenue for a season ticket?

I know that's a very, very rough idea. But hope it puts my point across.

There was no room to go any further back. That stand is right on the limit of the boundary of UU.

They've borrowed us land just so trucks can get around the back of that stand while we are building it.

I haven't really paid much attention to the seating details but I don't like the lettering and "1878" as shown here. The way it is broken up by the aisles is a bit jarring. I would have preferred to see the Leitch pattern picked out between the aisles to give some symmetry in the design.

I have always found this sort of lettering pointless any way, everyone already knows whose stadium they are visiting.
They could do what Preston have done and incorporate images of past great players onto the seating...

I think it'll look great actually (BMD not the Aviva).
Sitting in the east stand you'll probably be able to look over at the north stand and see the windmills just below the roof line!
Often times with architecture, site limitations lead to interesting and better designs. That's clearly the case for BMD.
In the case of the Aviva, the shadow restrictions on the homes in havelock square were just too constraining.

I went to the Emirates a few years back and I was just underwhelmed. It was almost too big, all the same and a really shallow rake.
I'd imagine london stadium is way worse and spurs stadium slightly better.

I think BMD will be the most interesting new large stadium anywhere. I'm also happy it's not gynormous. I've no doubt we could fill a 60k stadium but not for every game. And to put in 60k seats (forget about safe standing for a moment), we may have had to lose some of the character of the stadium.

52k is the sweet spot for an intimidating raucous atmosphere in a new stadium IMO
Don't point at them, they're that close they'll have your arm off. That's how @tommye lost his finger

To be honest mate it was gona say catholic / Protestant sharing one as a joke but I didn’t finish it then posted it on accident with another comment
Ok mate. As a Catholic I loved what the late great CofE vicar and Evertonian Harry Ross did in his humble welcoming ministry.

But we must also be welcoming to fans of non Christian faiths. St Luke's is a core part of the history of this Club, and I am glad that BMD is continuing to recognise that there is a spiritual dimension to many people's lives, and not mere naked greed.

Ok mate. As a Catholic I loved what the late great CofE vicar and Evertonian Harry Ross did in his humble welcoming ministry.

But we must also be welcoming to fans of non Christian faiths. St Luke's is a core part of the history of this Club, and I am glad that BMD is continuing to recognise that there is a spiritual dimension to many people's lives, and not mere naked greed.
I agree and it is a continuing reference to our origins from St.Domingo’s Methodist Chapel.

I think it'll look great actually (BMD not the Aviva).
Sitting in the east stand you'll probably be able to look over at the north stand and see the windmills just below the roof line!
Often times with architecture, site limitations lead to interesting and better designs. That's clearly the case for BMD.
In the case of the Aviva, the shadow restrictions on the homes in havelock square were just too constraining.

I went to the Emirates a few years back and I was just underwhelmed. It was almost too big, all the same and a really shallow rake.
I'd imagine london stadium is way worse and spurs stadium slightly better.

I think BMD will be the most interesting new large stadium anywhere. I'm also happy it's not gynormous. I've no doubt we could fill a 60k stadium but not for every game. And to put in 60k seats (forget about safe standing for a moment), we may have had to lose some of the character of the stadium.

52k is the sweet spot for an intimidating raucous atmosphere in a new stadium IMO
Think it was the BATE Borisov game at home, and it was cold! really cold, I expect the wind direct in off the Irish sea in mid December will have a real chill factor. What orientation does BMD have in that is the lesser height stand backing onto the water or the city? I ask because are we funneling the weather into one stand? is it the away part? and if not can we alter it so certain aways will need scuba gear...

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back