New Everton Stadium

If there is a prayer room it best not be catholic/
No idea what Hess Hessing is but the view has got me slightly moist!

*edit im taking it, its not this

A cool skin/pot head in cargo pants and t-shirt. A hess is known to consume a lots of weed and alchohol in abusive (near to coma/deadly) amounts.
when ye scrapping in town drunk as you throw a haymaker ye make a hess Hess sound so all the birds and ye opponent think your a boxer

They'll argue both cost and practicality - supply & demand.

I'd say lack of ambition.

BTW it's 52,888 :)

Should have been over 60,000 to start with. I'm sure they can manipulate upwards from 52,888. Just observing the construction how great would it be if they just added another tier on the west stand.
There's certainly space to go higher / further back on the west stand if needed. Will be rather expensive to re-model the roof but. Doable but questionable cost/benefit..

There's certainly space to go higher / further back on the west stand if needed. Will be rather expensive to re-model the roof but. Doable but questionable cost/benefit..

That was the gist of it wasnt it? Lobbing another 10000 seats up just didnt make commercial sense. Not that commercial sense has been a mantra for Everton for a while now.

That was the gist of it wasnt it? Lobbing another 10000 seats up just didnt make commercial sense. Not that commercial sense has been a mantra for Everton for a while now.

Yes & no. Probably the response they would come up with.

I doubt very much another 10,000 seats doesn't make commercial sense. It's probably more sensible because more seats means more revenue but also means
a chance to keep many ticket prices down.

I liken this whole debate on capacity etc to how the club defines itself in this era. Do they want to be a 'big' club like Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City, or do they see themselves as a middle road club, like Leicester, Leeds, etc. I would have said Newcastle, but I think Newcastle are starting to see themselves in a different wrelm since they got new money.

The answer is shown through the apathy in the boardroom. We used to be a 'big' club that had aspirations to be the best to be at the top, but they allowed us to be less relevant. So they can get away with building a smaller stadium with reservations about whether we'd fill it.

Yes & no. Probably the response they would come up with.

I doubt very much another 10,000 seats doesn't make commercial sense. It's probably more sensible because more seats means more revenue but also means
a chance to keep many ticket prices down.

I liken this whole debate on capacity etc to how the club defines itself in this era. Do they want to be a 'big' club like Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City, or do they see themselves as a middle road club, like Leicester, Leeds, etc. I would have said Newcastle, but I think Newcastle are starting to see themselves in a different wrelm since they got new money.

The answer is shown through the apathy in the boardroom. We used to be a 'big' club that had aspirations to be the best to be at the top, but they allowed us to be less relevant. So they can get away with building a smaller stadium with reservations about whether we'd fill it.
Newcastle we’re getting 52k attendance in the championship.
We’ve had an attendance of 39k for years, the club would have been mad to just up it to 60k at the new stadium.

We’ve had an attendance of 39k for years, the club would have been mad to just up it to 60k at the new stadium.

THIS

Exactly my point for a different reason. Clearly, you're taking the view that we can't jump from 39k to 60k. Just like the club, taking a more conservative or cautious approach you might say.

Everton have had 39k for years because the capacity has been 39k. It's a complete misnoma that you think we just bring 39,000 to the party. You can add several thousand for demand each game and that's saying something for state we've been in the last decade.

Arsenal was 38k, Tottenham 36k, West Ham similar. All now in 60k plus stadiums.

Arsenal had an attendance of 38k for years before moving, Spurs 36k. Both as you know have over 60k now.

White Hart Lane had two pillars in one of their stands and Arsenal had a few more restricted views but nothing like ours, people like me pay 50 quid to have on occasion a post blocking one of the goals completely. Just think how many that puts off from going. We've got over 10k on a waiting list for a season ticket, if half of those took up an option it would leave very few seats to be released on general sale. Obviously the club won't add any more season ticket holders as we already have too many at the moment though.

I think we'll easily see that 53k was too small for demand but that's the way the club like it, they don't have to work hard to fill the stadium and the lack of tickets will help push up the prices.

Everton have had 39k for years because the capacity has been 39k. It's a complete misnoma that you think we just bring 39,000 to the party. You can add several thousand for demand each game and that's saying something for state we've been in the last decade.
I'd be interested how many season ticket holders are aware how difficult it is to buy tickets for individual league games at Goodison.

Demand massively outstrips supply.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back