New Everton Stadium

Superb this @Jacko93 and makes complete sense.

Do you know if this double step was done all around the ground or just in the South stand (lower section) and North stand lower? I'm thinking if it was them 2 sections of the stadium, then that would be an easy 6k extra and taking us to 60k. Anywhere else and then surely (concourse space permitting like you've mentioned) the capacity could go even higher.

I'm also assuming they'd have to agree on this model before the stadium opens. Don't think an 80yo fella would be happy if he's told his seat in the lower south section is standing, but a young lad might want to be put in a standing section.

The issue isn't just the 2 step arrangement but the amount of space per person. 750mm is the minimum tread depth for 2 × 350mm steps. Which might equate to only 1.3 to1.5:1 ratio on minimum spacial allowance. Originally this was going to be 800mm treads. Some safestanding areas in German stadia are 850 to 1000mm treads. There was an argument made by the safestanding people that retrofitting into existing stands might allow the minimum spacial allowance to be rounded down slightly to give 1.6:1, where other parameters were met. The Gwladys St Terrace held over 14k in the 80s (16k pre 1975) and is probably less than 6k now. If the trend ever goes back to traditional terracing that ratio may have more flexibility as at mist moderrn Rugby league grounds.

Something about standing vs. seats.
I mean here in Germany, 2 seats roughly correspond to the space required for 3 standing places.
That would be almost 1.5:1.
In Dortmund, for example, 15,536 of the 28,337 standing places will be lost internationally.
That would fit the bill.

I think it was considered here how it would be with Safe Standing.

How many more roof trusses left ?

Clearly the southeast side is still to do so I assume there needs to be another set to span the north and south or will what we have join up with the roof on the east and west stands ?
I believe there are 5 still to go. 4 in the South Stand and one in the North. They have installed 10 so far, 5 at each end.

If a room annoys you, I fear for your blood pressure.
Perhaps just avert your eyes , take deep breaths and go to your happy place should you inadvertently walk past this room at some point in the future.
Or direct your annoyance at things that deserve it like working people having to use food banks for instance or energy companies making vast profits out of misery and war.
Religion causes most of them

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back