New Everton Stadium

Yeah, good point mate.

Maybe they'll start soon though on the north-east side of the East Stand and away from the entrance to the stadium in the middle where there's loads of work traffic. That's where the trusses currently lay on the ground anyway.

Yeah mate, hopefully we'll see some progress on the East Stand this week with the weather being fine and dandy.

Amazing how much work needs to go into the roof section

Their main stand and I guess the new one will have a similar view as our TB. Can't help thinking the back rows of that AR stand will be like the back rows of the lower Gwladys.

View attachment 211410

I reckon it will be far worse. I happened to be in TB for the city game and took this pic from the very back:

Screenshot_20230522_140619_Gallery.webp

If you think that their sides are going to be enclosed and the pitch is obviously longer in length than width, it will be like being in a tunnel for the back 15 or so rows.

I reckon it will be far worse. I happened to be in TB for the city game and took this pic from the very back:

View attachment 211432

If you think that their sides are going to be enclosed and the pitch is obviously longer in length than width, it will be like being in a tunnel for the back 15 or so rows.
That's pretty much my seat.

That's pretty much my seat.

Sorry didn't mean to sit in it... :blush::D

I have never liked sitting in the main stand, especially the top balcony.

Upper Bullen's, in the middle, down near the front, best speck in Goodison=IMHO.

The balcony offers a good view but upper Gwladys or Bullens - if you get an unrestricted view, are the best.

Presumably the current base level in the centre of the stadium will be built up as, given the pitch of the stands, they surely cannot be extended much further without impeding on the size of the playing field...unless we are taking up 5-aside?

I know it's just perspective and we would only be able to guage the size from the inside but if the stands are intended to be more or less level with the field of play I am currently struggling to visualise how they can be projected much further to pitch side level based on the current footprint.

I hope Dan Meis based his measurements on those of a 'footie' pitch and not an American football pitch 🫣

Presumably the current base level in the centre of the stadium will be built up as, given the pitch of the stands, they surely cannot be extended much further without impeding on the size of the playing field...unless we are taking up 5-aside?

I know it's just perspective and we would only be able to guage the size from the inside but if the stands are intended to be more or less level with the field of play I am currently struggling to visualise how they can be projected much further to pitch side level based on the current footprint.

I hope Dan Meis based his measurements on those of a 'footie' pitch and not an American football pitch 🫣

If you check the North stand, you can see how far the raker beams go down to the ground and that'll give you a sense of how big the lower tier stands will go to.

Undersoil heating, drainage and associated cabling have still to go in so yes, it will be raised from its current level.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back