New Everton Stadium

The vast majority of people on there will be self employed. I am.

You subcontract to the flooring/electrical/joinery firm etc.

Spurs was obviously London and that increases wages considerably.

Then factor in Spurs were desperate.

Yeah you obviously know better than me like.

It wasn't the London factor, it was like you said they where desperate, they hired all sorts of labourers with no background checks, if you left any of your tools they where stolen straight away.

Apparently it was a planned mob who went round with bin bags looking like they were working but they just grabbed anything they could all day.

Also the pubs round the ground where chocker with workers all day rinsing pay. Awful project management.

I know it's a mirror article but it was no secret at the time. BMD seems to be a lot more professional.

I'm not pretending anything.
Not much sound is lost at GP due to over lapping tiers. Only the rearmost rows suffer much entrapment, but those understand areas are where much of the chants/noise starts in anycase as anyone who has been under those stands knows.

The main problem at GP is capacity fragmentation and that the upper tiers are too small. On 3 sides there are only 18 rows directly under a reflective roof (as opposed to 40-80 at many other similar/larger grounds).... with the bulk of the capacity of those stands being too distant from their rooves to benefit directly acoustically. Prenton Park probably has a higher average row catchment.

The plus side is that everyone is closer to the pitch and their opposite stand on average. GP has a large capacity for footprint. Meaning that when everyone is up for it, it can be the proverbial bearpit.

I'm sorry Tom but I stopped reading after your first paragraph. Not sure how you can back your point that overlapping stands doesn't restrict accoustics.

And my whole point is, at this stage in its development, and given the current unfavourable circumstances that engulf the club currently, now is not the time to be critical of hypotheticals. We don't try know what the acoustics will be like or whether this stand will be underwhelming so discussion of this is pointless, as are the continual comparisons to Anfield.

How was I being critical of hypotheticals? The cross sectional drawings (and the built structure) are not hypothetical, they are real. If the discussion is pointless why are you adding to it? I made several comparisons (not just Anfield) and in all cases I explained their relevance to the points being made. None of which you've responded to. I really don't understand people trying to shut down discussion..... especially when the debts incurred may well be contributing to the "current unfavourable circumstances" that you're trying to ignore.

How was I being critical of hypotheticals? The cross sectional drawings (and the built structure) are not hypothetical, they are real. If the discussion is pointless why are you adding to it? I made several comparisons (not just Anfield) and in all cases I explained their relevance to the points being made. None of which you've responded to. I really don't understand people trying to shut down discussion..... especially when the debts incurred may well be contributing to the "current unfavourable circumstances" that you're trying to ignore.
of course it’s goin to be compared to anfield there our rivals also there’s enough people claiming that kopites are fuming about it getting built so it’s natural to compare them

I'm sorry Tom but I stopped reading after your first paragraph. Not sure how you can back your point that overlapping stands doesn't restrict accoustics.

I didn't say they don't restrict acoustics. I said they are not responsible for a much of the noise loss. Most of the noise loss at GP is the noise that escapes out into the atmosphere because acoustic catchment is across so few rows in the upper tiers and Park end only. If it was say a 40 row upper tier the over lap would barely be detrimental. The Principality stadium has a large over lap for middle/bottom tier, but the acoustics are far superior to Wembley has little or no over laps.... because the proportions are better.

Defo was.
I don’t remember ever reading/hearing that.

About the South stand though.

When the safe standing ratio changes to 1:1.5, and I believe it’s a matter of time, it will have a capacity 15.5k/16k.

All on a steep, tight footprint.

It will be incredible.

I didn't say they don't restrict acoustics. I said they are not responsible for a much of the noise loss. Most of the noise loss at GP is the noise that escapes out into the atmosphere because acoustic catchment is across so few rows in the upper tiers and Park end only. If it was say a 40 row upper tier the over lap would barely be detrimental. The Principality stadium has a large over lap for middle/bottom tier, but the acoustics are far superior to Wembley has little or no over laps.... because the proportions are better.

I'm sorry Tom I love your informative posts but you're chatting absolute wham and contradicting yourself.

What are you on about? The gwladys, bullens and main stand are stands built on top of each other, like most traditional grounds which obviously adds character and built due to the restricted space. If you're shouting into a brick roof the sound won't escape. See the comparison below:

1687096864536.webp

The principality as you mentioned has 0 over lapping, I hate to say it but Liverpool had a record loud support there which was most likely due to the closed roof.

1687096698651.webp

Can you elaborate what your agenda is at least please?

I'm sorry Tom I love your informative posts but you're chatting absolute wham and contradicting yourself.

What are you on about? The gwladys, bullens and main stand are stands built on top of each other, like most traditional grounds which obviously adds character and built due to the restricted space. If you're shouting into a brick roof the sound won't escape. See the comparison below:

View attachment 214404

The principality as you mentioned has 0 over lapping, I hate to say it but Liverpool had a record loud support there which was most likely due to the closed roof.

View attachment 214403

Can you elaborate what your agenda is at least please?

The middle tier over laps the lower at principality quite a bit. So much so for concerts it has steel braces that swing down and connect to the terracing below.

Screenshot_20230618_151112_Chrome.webp

Defo was.

I think at the original meetings that Meis done at the church and with the original design, the South stand was going to be 16.5k which would have made it one of the largest home ends in England (Spurs is 17k I think but not 100% sure). But that was the 62k stadium so once we lowered the capacity to 52,800 then that large end was never going to be one of the biggest.

I think at the original meetings that Meis done at the church and with the original design, the South stand was going to be 16.5k which would have made it one of the largest home ends in England (Spurs is 17k I think but not 100% sure). But that was the 62k stadium so once we lowered the capacity to 52,800 then that large end was never going to be one of the biggest.

I thought maximum it would have a seated capacity of 15k:

Screenshot_20220626-103755_Chrome.webp

As you say it was never designed to be the biggest just that it would have a large capacity for a single tier stand.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back