New Everton Stadium

Now I'm open to being corrected on this, but looking at some crappy pics of the Upper Gwladys Street on Google, there are between 16 and 18 rows of seats there.

There are 16 rows on the North Stand upper at BMD.

I don't think it'll feel like a small stand at all.

Has anyone ever really regarded the Gwladys Street as a big home end? I suppose when it was terracing the whole end held over 18k.

In seated mode it is approx 57-58 rows total. The North stand is just 43 I think.

Positivity Tom. Well I never…

You’re right anyway, as I’m lucky enough to have been working on the project, I can say the scale of the stands really doesn’t come through on any of the photos or videos.

It’s very impressive.

I'm not trying to be positive nor negative tbh.... it's basic facts and figures to me. It will look better than it does at present .... but still a bit like it's been cut off in its prime compared to the rest.

Has anyone ever really regarded the Gwladys Street as a big home end? I suppose when it was terracing the whole end held over 18k.

In seated mode it is approx 57-58 rows total. The North stand is just 43 I think.
I thought at the time a Golden opportunity was missed when they built the Park end , they had the scope & the land to make it the biggest home end in the country.

I didn’t say it was big, my point was that no one says it’s too small or unimpressive.

Well they probably wouldn't in the context of 39k Goodison Park.... nor in the historic context of being one of the few remaining Leitch double-deckers.

However, it would be considered quite small in the context of Old Trafford, Anfield, NWHL, Emirates, St James's Park or several other larger grounds. Presumably a 43 row stand even moreso....

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back