New Everton Stadium

So I've worked this out, I think fairly precisely.

View attachment 214554

Taking the upper tier of the West Stand as a guide (30 rows), we'd have an extra 14 rows on the North Stand (currently 16 rows).

The five rectangular blocks (marked in green) on the North Stand would gain an extra 1,960 seats with an extra 14 rows.

The four corner blocks (marked in blue) - and these were a pain to measure but I think I'm just about right with this - would collectively gain an extra 1,528 seats.

So you'd be looking at a grand total of 3,488 seats - bringing overall stadium capacity up to 56,376.

Thanks for that. Let's rule that one out then. Not worth the money and effort.

You could, but the lower tier would have to be far shallower, like at the Emirates.

The lower tier at NWHL is not as shallow as that at the Emirates. The geometry of any tier depends on the chosen c-value and positioning of the front row. There is a whole range of possibilities. For instance, taking the front row back just one metre and the back row can drop a few metres for the same c-value.... allowing for overlapping tiers.

The lower tier at NWHL is not as shallow as that at the Emirates. The geometry of any tier depends on the chosen c-value and positioning of the front row. There is a whole range of possibilities. For instance, taking the front row back just one metre and the back row can drop a few metres for the same c-value.... allowing for overlapping tiers.
Btw, in the general theme of our North Stand being a bit rubbish, did you see the official video the other day that showed the first of those black steel terrace 'arms' coming down from the existing North Stand seats to the ground level?
I've been thinking the North Stand looks pants, but seemed to me that the bottom tier of the North Stand is actually a decent size and the whole stand will look far less pants once the actual terrace is brought down to ground level (and the other three will look even more awesome).

Btw, in the general theme of our North Stand being a bit rubbish, did you see the official video the other day that showed the first of those black steel terrace 'arms' coming down from the existing North Stand seats to the ground level?
I've been thinking the North Stand looks pants, but seemed to me that the bottom tier of the North Stand is actually a decent size and the whole stand will look far less pants once the actual terrace is brought down to ground level (and the other three will look even more awesome).

Yes, it will look much better when the full bottom tier is in place. As will all of the stands when we get the full effect of their scale.

Now I'm open to being corrected on this, but looking at some crappy pics of the Upper Gwladys Street on Google, there are between 16 and 18 rows of seats there.

There are 16 rows on the North Stand upper at BMD.

I don't think it'll feel like a small stand at all.

Now I'm open to being corrected on this, but looking at some crappy pics of the Upper Gwladys Street on Google, there are between 16 and 18 rows of seats there.

There are 16 rows on the North Stand upper at BMD.

I don't think it'll feel like a small stand at all.
if I remember correctly our 'crap' north stand is about the same as the current upper and lower Gwladys st

Yes, it will look much better when the full bottom tier is in place. As will all of the stands when we get the full effect of their scale.
Positivity Tom. Well I never…

You’re right anyway, as I’m lucky enough to have been working on the project, I can say the scale of the stands really doesn’t come through on any of the photos or videos.

It’s very impressive.

Tried to post a photo on here 👀

Keep getting “parsing response failed”

Any idea why?
Don't bother - saw a story about a bloke who's been sacked for posting a photo and/or video (?) at the pit. If you're self employed you could sack yourself, but you don't want Laing O'Rourke terminating your contract. **the comments on social media were something to behold, the mutants were out in force slagging him off, bordering on hatred, and defending the rs from any form of criticism or responsibility - own fault, breach of contract, Evertonian, get a job at BM etc etc - surprised a public flogging hadn't been advocated.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back