New Everton Stadium

On a science fiction theme....I think one of it nicknames is the "death star"

Think that's the Raiders stadium.

LasVegasStadiumAP20205160291895-1-e1621882515508.jpg

Wow the lights shining through the brick work looks just like the renders.

It looks like all the inserts between the bricks on the west side are solid. So as well as barely any light getting in I don't suppose there will be any light getting out apart from the glazed bits.

Think that's the Raiders stadium.

LasVegasStadiumAP20205160291895-1-e1621882515508.jpg

It looks like all the inserts between the bricks on the west side are solid. So as well as barely any light getting in I don't suppose there will be any light getting out apart from the glazed bits.

They are both called it. As the Cowboys' stadium was built first by a megalomaniac emperor though and is the right colour it does belong to them.

The Radiers stadium looks top notch.

Amazing video mate as usual. Do you or anyone else know if those lights around the docks to the north and south are permanent or temporary for the build? Makes the whole area look amazing with the stadium in the middle and then the lights going along the Mersey reflecting off the water.

They are temp but will eventually be replaced with buildings and street lighting that will do the same job.

Kind of like below without the high quality stadium design :D

Screenshot_20230808_192222_Chrome.webp

Last edited:
I know we’ll have an extra 12k -13k seats, but does anyone have a rough idea how much more the new stadium will raise on match days compared to goodison.
I don’t think match days are the big focus, though revenues should of course be higher with increased capacity.

The bigger picture is surely more to do with corporate sponsorships, hosting more non-football events, raising the profile, etc…That’s what really must pay off here.

Amazing video mate as usual. Do you or anyone else know if those lights around the docks to the north and south are permanent or temporary for the build? Makes the whole area look amazing with the stadium in the middle and then the lights going along the Mersey reflecting off the water.
I'd say temporary during the build. I know Everton have their own lighting included in the planning application, to what extent I don't know

I don’t think match days are the big focus, though revenues should of course be higher with increased capacity.

The bigger picture is surely more to do with corporate sponsorships, hosting more non-football events, raising the profile, etc…That’s what really must pay off here.

If those premium prices banded about are true and say for instance you get 1000 paying the top 9k, 2000 paying 7k, 3000 paying 3k you've already doubled the matchday income on its own before you even get to the extra seats. Half the numbers above and it's still equalled. Then consider the probable 20-35% increase, the better in-house facilities ensuring more money is spent at the ground that filters back to Everton.

Then all the things you talk about should see quite the jump. But we will have to pay a fair chunk back on the loan too.

I don't think that's necessarily true. If the facilities for the ordinary ticket holder are as good as I think they will be and it is as easy to spend your money as I suspect it will be, the amount of money spent by the normal supporter will go through the roof.

I currently spend no money whatsoever inside GP during the course of a whole season. I'd gladly spend £20/£30 each game in a new stadium with good facilities.

I don't think that's necessarily true. If the facilities for the ordinary ticket holder are as good as I think they will be and it is as easy to spend your money as I suspect it will be, the amount of money spent by the normal supporter will go through the roof.

I currently spend no money whatsoever inside GP during the course of a whole season. I'd gladly spend £20/£30 each game in a new stadium with good facilities.
On what mate?

What could they offer that would make you spend 30 quid a game on?

Im just curious.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back