New Everton Stadium

26 is no age.

Hopefully the club will install a memorial plaque somewhere on site as without these guys and girls stadium doesn’t get built

Awful news RIP.

The club needs to organise a donation fund or something along those lines for the family.

His go fund me page:

See there's a Villa fan doing a collection or summat over on Twitter/X

Nice to see football family pull together
Terrible news :(

Glad to see someone has put up a gofundme and lovely touch from the Villa fans to do their own collection. I'm sure with all the good people we have on here we can put a decent amount in to help his family at this horrible time.

I believe a small memorial garden which has a tree planted in his honour, looking out over this beautiful vista would be an appropriate tribute.

View attachment 223041

He would always be part of the stadium as a living object and his family would be able to come and sit down beside the garden to remember him. Also allows others to lay tributes on anniversaries etc.

This would be the best. Seeing the tree and garden grow in his memory.

I think something fitting the family and friends can visit and pay their respects at any time. I think people are getting a bit too emotional and wanting a stand named after him etc.

A more fitting and simple tribute to Michael would be to install 1 additional seat that is never sold and change the Capacity to 52,889. But im sure the club will do the right thing anyway. We have our faults on and off the pitch, but if there's one area that i trust us to get right, its personal stuff like this.

I believe a small memorial garden which has a tree planted in his honour, looking out over this beautiful vista would be an appropriate tribute.
Both great ideas and I'm sure the club will discuss such options with Michael's family at the appropriate time.

As others have said, it's one area I trust the club to act with integrity.

I was pleased to read Martin Samuels in todays Times highlight the fact that this tragedy will be thoroughly investigated as safety on site always comes first but to draw parallels with the number of construction workers (possibly running in to the thousands) that were killed building the Qatari WC stadia. They will have no memorial or even thanks for their efforts

I was pleased to read Martin Samuels in todays Times highlight the fact that this tragedy will be thoroughly investigated as safety on site always comes first but to draw parallels with the number of construction workers (possibly running in to the thousands) that were killed building the Qatari WC stadia. They will have no memorial or even thanks for their efforts

"The dead of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic" - Joseph Stalin.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back