New Everton Stadium

God help his poor family, so sad.

How hard will it be for them at the new ground when we play there? 💔 I’m in absolute bits for them, can’t make sense of it.

The club need to memorialise Michael somehow, to allow us all to show our respect.

I hadn't even considered that, nearly choking up for them here. What a horrible horrible set of circumstances all round. The club need to do something inside the stadium that has a permanent presence. RIP lad, UTFT x

I hadn't even considered that, nearly choking up for them here. What a horrible horrible set of circumstances all round. The club need to do something inside the stadium that has a permanent presence. RIP lad, UTFT x

Think they are compartmemtalising that by the statement saying he loved working on the new stadium. Of course it never makes it right but he died on a building that he loved and probably like us enthusiastically talked about to his friends and family might just make it that few % more tolerable than say having an accident at some industrial unit where he came home everyday saying he hated it there.

The fact that they can visit a memorial onsite will be of comfort too in the coming years. I'm sure it will swing from love to hate now and again but there are some points whilst I loathe to say positive, they can be looked as little dots that many in the same position won't have.

My thoughts are with the family and friends he leaves behind. Rest in peace my blue friend.

I hope for everyone's sake that a fair and correct assessment of the incident is swiftly made and that the club and LOR and us all support Michael's family.

Heartbreaking.

Incredibly sad news, and thoughts go out to his family in friends. But i dont agree with any of this nonsense about naming the stadium or stands etc after him. Its over the top and would appear to be playing up to what was a tragic accident in a dangerous occupation. I know the proper authorities will investigate and get to the bottom of what happened, and hopefully it is the last accident that occurs.

A more fitting and simple tribute to Michael would be to install 1 additional seat that is never sold and change the Capacity to 52,889. But im sure the club will do the right thing anyway. We have our faults on and off the pitch, but if there's one area that i trust us to get right, its personal stuff like this.

Whatever happens, i hope it doesnt overshadow the whole project, and that we do our best to make it the stadium he wouldve wanted and was evidently so proud to have been a part of.

RIP Michael.

Incredibly sad news, and thoughts go out to his family in friends. But i dont agree with any of this nonsense about naming the stadium or stands etc after him. Its over the top and would appear to be playing up to what was a tragic accident in a dangerous occupation. I know the proper authorities will investigate and get to the bottom of what happened, and hopefully it is the last accident that occurs.

A more fitting and simple tribute to Michael would be to install 1 additional seat that is never sold and change the Capacity to 52,889. But im sure the club will do the right thing anyway. We have our faults on and off the pitch, but if there's one area that i trust us to get right, its personal stuff like this.

Whatever happens, i hope it doesnt overshadow the whole project, and that we do our best to make it the stadium he wouldve wanted and was evidently so proud to have been a part of.

RIP Michael.

I believe a small memorial garden which has a tree planted in his honour, looking out over this beautiful vista would be an appropriate tribute.

Screenshot_20230816_070804_Chrome.webp

He would always be part of the stadium as a living object and his family would be able to come and sit down beside the garden to remember him. Also allows others to lay tributes on anniversaries etc.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back