New Everton Stadium

Spurs South Stand is 4.98m away from the touch line. They say that is the closest in the Premeir League.

I wonder how close our South Stand will be.

Looking at the planning docs, which are 1:500 scale, in Illustrator, I measure it as 6.5m.
To add a bit more to this, that's 6.5m to the touchline (green line):

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 19.17.34.webp

... and I make it 4.9m to what I think is the edge of the grass:

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 19.18.24.webp

Just looking at the planning docs and whatnot and I came across this. It actaully says completion of September 2023. However there is a timescale below. Maybe this is where we got the build completion in mid 24 from. It’s says there is a 150 week build and we keep getting told it’s on schedule.

If we take the ground breaking date of August 10th 2021, then 150 weeks is 2nd July 2024. They say they’ve never confirmed a completion or move date, but there’s evidence to suggest that this could have been the last season at Goodison.
IMG_8844.webp

I got it from a document at this link

Just looking at Paul Frost's latest video and superb it is. I'm confused, though, regards the north and south stands concourse areas. I can't see anyway you can get to the most upper level concourse area in either stand from the seats. Surely those areas will be used and not left as voids? Anybody help me out? Thanks.

Just looking at Paul Frost's latest video and superb it is. I'm confused, though, regards the north and south stands concourse areas. I can't see anyway you can get to the most upper level concourse area in either stand from the seats. Surely those areas will be used and not left as voids? Anybody help me out? Thanks.
They look like void areas to me looking at images of the new stadium 🤔

Only 1 level of concourse in the upper bot of those stands afaik, which is plenty big enough to cater for them.
Not even sure it would be possible to have beneficial use of the space above.

There is a concourse at Ground Level for both stands as well as the upper.
Also worth point out that I believe the Upper and Lower concourses for the North, East and South stands will be joined so it would be possible to use any of the facilities. West Stand will be separated as it is where the player/media facilities are along with the majority of the hospitality.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back