New Everton Stadium

There is a concourse at Ground Level for both stands as well as the upper.
South Stand upper is going to be the place to be, I think.

I can’t be bothered with standing for the whole match in the lower tier, and the view from that upper concourse is going to be immense. I love that is going to be so accessible to ordinary fans and not reserved for the corporate seats.

South Stand upper is going to be the place to be, I think.

I can’t be bothered with standing for the whole match in the lower tier, and the view from that upper concourse is going to be immense. I love that is going to be so accessible to ordinary fans and not reserved for the corporate seats.
Agree. That's where we will be aiming for - am not standing up for 90 mins so will try for the front of the top tier of the south stand

Spurs South Stand is 4.98m away from the touch line. They say that is the closest in the Premeir League.

I wonder how close our South Stand will be.

There is a bit of an over-obsession with being as tight to the pitch as possible at new end stands. While it's understandable that architects/fans want to replicate the old terraces as much as possible, the outcome can be quite detrimental in terms view.

I think the obsession stemmed from some of the earlier new stands that came after the Taylor report. For many of them, the first rows were sat back a fair distance compared to the old terraces. Obviously, these had been designed for seated fans, using a c-value led approach, to give a certain standard of view. The only 2 methods of increasing c-value are moving the front row away from the
focal point (goal line) and/or steepening the rake angle. For a straight raked stand, the c-value decreases slightly with each row, so it is designed so that the last row at least offers a specific minimum c-value for that stand or tier (say C60 or C90). As soon as people stand, that c-value decreases further. If it falls sufficiently, that's when you start seeing people straining their necks to get a view of the goal. This effect worsens the further you go towards the corners, whereby in some stands a reasonable seated view can become an atrocious standing one. We've probably all been in stands, seated towards the corner flag, barely able to see the goal at our end when everyone is standing. Personally, I would rather be that 2 or 3 metres further away to ensure a better view, rather than the front row being within 5 metres, but with many unable to see the action clearly.

That's something I noticed at Elland Rd against Spurs in '95. Even in their scabby arl NW Corner they had fold-down seats attached to the walls in the concourse area, which seemed like a luxury to a 13 y.o. me at the time. Still does, compared to the Paddock..

Only 1 level of concourse in the upper bot of those stands afaik, which is plenty big enough to cater for them.
Not even sure it would be possible to have beneficial use of the space above.
The space above would have a sloping floor, it's a roof with a decent gradient in it out towards the back of the stand

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back