New Everton Stadium

Thanks for posting. Hopefully they have it sorted. I think for the likes of me who hasn't been to an away game (other than Wembley) for decades, the shock of the new facilities will be even bigger than those fans who regularly go to Man City, Arsenal, Spurs etc.

Someone posted a few pages back about the sloping roof above the higher concourse. Yeah, you can see it here. Is there a reason for that? Is it aesthetics or does it serve an architectural purpose or just so the rain runs off? Just curious. Thanks.

Went past on the train yesterday and one thing I noticed for the first time as you are approaching Sandhills from the north is that you can see into the ground from the window at the north end. That's to say you can see lots of the concrete terracing where the blue seats will be. If you go past when a match is on you'll see a section of the crowd. Jaw dropping. This thing just gets better and better.

No reason other than for design. The North doesn't for instance. You can easily accommodate a fall on a flat roof so it runs to a particular spot for drainage.

Started to watch a stadium video, lost interest after about a minute, really lost all enthusiasm for a new stadium when we are threatened by relegation season after season, same again this season....

The trolls are right aren`t they! We will go in to that stadium as a Championship club.... every season is worse than the one before so this season we will drop.

The fans don`t deserve it but the club itself 1000% does for the mismanagement over years.

Started to watch a stadium video, lost interest after about a minute, really lost all enthusiasm for a new stadium when we are threatened by relegation season after season, same again this season....

The trolls are right aren`t they! We will go in to that stadium as a Championship club.... every season is worse than the one before so this season we will drop.

The fans don`t deserve it but the club itself 1000% does for the mismanagement over years.
So you've lost so much interest in the new stadium you've decided to post on a thread called New Stadium Discussion. Right, you are. 🤔

….cruise ship in the river today with the stadium in the background;

IMG_6545.jpeg

I feel the answer is staring us in the face.

The club will sell the stadium to repay debt and we will lease it, not owning it.
As has been pointed out, pretty sure this isn't an option.

In the land lease agreement with Peel, the stadium MUST be owned by Everton Football Club.

I'd find it in the echo if I could be bothered closing all the pop up ads.

Ps: I appreciate there's a seperate Everton Stadium Company, but that has to remain wholly owned by the club.

Last edited:
What a difference a year makes...

Fantastic progress isn't it. Hopefully see the final lift of the West stand this week and them starting on the roof covering. It looks like by the end of the month the North and West stands will be weatherproof and that should block out the harshest of conditions whilst they work on the other two during Autumn/Winter.

Got the week off work and have travelled up to the city (London based blue). Took a walk up there from my Royal Albert Dock hotel. Took me 25 mins. Was fairly pleasant in this beautiful weather but not sure I would fancy on a Tuesday night in February. Scale of the stadium very impressive when you see it in person

On a side note the docks really did look glorious today. If Peel can pull there finger out it could be a long term game changer for us

Depressingly the hotel I am staying in has an RS flag on the front of it. Should not be allowed on a big chain like this in a two club city

Got the week off work and have travelled up to the city (London based blue). Took a walk up there from my Royal Albert Dock hotel. Took me 25 mins. Was fairly pleasant in this beautiful weather but not sure I would fancy on a Tuesday night in February. Scale of the stadium very impressive when you see it in person

On a side note the docks really did look glorious today. If Peel can pull there finger out it could be a long term game changer for us

Depressingly the hotel I am staying in has an RS flag on the front of it. Should not be allowed on a big chain like this in a two club city
The flag thing is yet another example of poor PR by Everton . Most hotels literature says handy for Anfield but rarely mentions Goodison. It's up to our club to get our name out there.

As has been pointed out, pretty sure this isn't an option.

In the land lease agreement with Peel, the stadium MUST be owned by Everton Football Club.

I'd find it in the echo if I could be bothered closing all the pop up ads.

Ps: I appreciate there's a seperate Everton Stadium Company, but that has to remain wholly owned by the club.
minefield that echo website now

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back