New Everton Stadium

Thought this would be a wrapped metal covering. Any more info on this?

Steps on the west end have begun construction, but where is the car park going? I read they moved this due to wind down draft concerns.

Do we have any other updates?

Attachments

• D&S Roof 3.webp
    D&S Roof 3.webp
    115.2 KB · Views: 37
  • D&S Roof 2.webp
    D&S Roof 2.webp
    116.4 KB · Views: 36
  • D&S Roof 1.webp
    D&S Roof 1.webp
    96.9 KB · Views: 33

Going to be a mess with match day traffic as it’s one of the main ways into town - even worse for mid week matches. Already got a parking spec sorted at a mates in Vaxhuall thankfully . I keep forgetting how much off a treck it is to town and Sandhills

True, it is one of the main routes into town, but football matches don't take place when those roads are at their busiest. In any case, people should think about not driving there, if they can avoid doing so. By the time we have moved, we will have a far better idea of how public transport will cope.

The new trains hold twice the number of passengers as the old ones and hopefully we will see an increased time table for match days.

Next week LCR will also certainly vote for the bus service to be re-regulated and Steve Rotheram will be able to dictate that there is sufficient bus provision on a match day for the new stadium by the time we are there.

In short, it WILL be alright on the night (and day). IMHO, of course.

Not suggesting the new place will host the women's team that often but I guess the derby will be hosted there. Wonder if it would attract a full house, at least the first time it was played there? It might, you know.

True, it is one of the main routes into town, but football matches don't take place when those roads are at their busiest. In any case, people should think about not driving there, if they can avoid doing so. By the time we have moved, we will have a far better idea of how public transport will cope.

The new trains hold twice the number of passengers as the old ones and hopefully we will see an increased time table for match days.

Next week LCR will also certainly vote for the bus service to be re-regulated and Steve Rotheram will be able to dictate that there is sufficient bus provision on a match day for the new stadium by the time we are there.

In short, it WILL be alright on the night (and day). IMHO, of course.
Additionally, I've learnt recently that there is actual serious consideration of a light-railway/tram as part of the wider Liverpool Waters / Peel project too.

I know this will bring about all the ol' monorail jokes, but it is what it is.

Thought this would be a wrapped metal covering. Any more info on this?

Steps on the west end have begun construction, but where is the car park going? I read they moved this due to wind down draft concerns.

Do we have any other updates?
Limited Car Parking will be on the River side of the water channel.

Going to be a mess with match day traffic as it’s one of the main ways into town - even worse for mid week matches. Already got a parking spec sorted at a mates in Vaxhuall thankfully . I keep forgetting how much off a treck it is to town and Sandhills
You think a 14 minute walk to Sandhills is a track? It’s basically the same from kirkdale to Goodison

Trying to not be sarcastic here but this is that Toms level of scepticism.

It's all been accounted for.

"Level of scepticism".... ? You mean basic logistical facts? A waterfront stadium will always have less accessibility than an inland one. This can be overcome if it is right in the city centre, where all public transport is concentrated and everyone can leave their cars at home. BMD is not in the city centre, but is just within that maximum walking envelope. Shuttle services can bridge that gap, but only if the few roads serving the site aren't congested.

"It's all been accounted for".... ? Like the finances were? The transport plan is pretty sketchy tbh, but states quite clearly that there will need to be at least reversal in proportions of public/private transport. Currently it's 40:60 at GP, which has far more bus services within a short walking distance, two thirds the number of trains and many times the number of available road lanes available in all directions.

The transport plan is basically Sandhills for those who live near a Northern/Wirral line station and shank's pony from town.... and a reliance on far more people leaving their cars at home.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back