New Everton Stadium

They're points I've heard from many people Jacko so I'm sure some will completely agree with you.

For me personally, I love it for a lot of the things you mention you don't.

I've always loved the walk up to the ground (and I've walked up to it from all different directions depending where I've lived. The moment it catches my eye, an adrenalin starts to peak inside and it only gets stronger the closer I get to it. I become fixated with it, the lights of the main stand towering over the bullens road stand walking through Stanley park, the noise of the tannoy getting louder and louder. Dad's with lads, mums with mums, sisters with brothers, boyfriend and girlfreinds holding hands chatting about their day whilst walking at an excited pace just minutes away from the stadium.

I love it, I love everything about it, I feel on top of the world every single time I'm walking towards it.

I've been behind every restricted view, I've sat next to every kind of character I could ever imagine. I've taken all my sisters to the games, been with their fellas to games, took my son to games, mates to games, travelled solo to so many games in wind, rain, sleet, snow, crapped on in the family enclosure, been in the lower bullens with no one else but a mate, moved 20 rows forward in the street end during those mad moments of a goal or a Derby win where limbs are flying everywhere and for a fleeting moment you are on top of the world. I've left the game crying more than I care to admit with anger, frustration and disappointment and tears of happiness where you just hug any random person because in that moment in time, nothing and no one is going to spoil your day. Its your weekend, its your week!

I love it, I'm gonna miss it so much that it actually hurts me a little typing this, genuinely I'm filling up a bit. I don't get to go anywhere near as many times as I wish i could due to work commitments. Even if I did have free time without work I don't think I'd be able to financially commit to as many games as I'd love to and the amount I did when I was younger.

In a blink of an eye, she'll be gone and all we'll have are memories.

Please, enjoy every last moment mate because she's so special and sometimes it really is a case of "you don't know what you've got until its gone".

Goodison, at full pelt is simply one of the most exhilarating and awe inspiring places I've been fortunate to step foot in.

That is something that I'll carry with me until the day I die.

That's what I think anyway Jacko :)
I'm happy to report I was at my first match at Goodison this past weekend.

Cannot imagine not having been there after that experience. The walk from the Kirkdale train stop with legions of blues. Seeing her blue facade for the first time. The beautiful day. The chaos in and around the Winslow having a few pints. The cramped seating, palpable energy within the stadium, the way we played from the off - no way we were not going to take all 3 points Saturday.

Although I've only been there once, I'll miss her when she's gone. But I'm happy to hear that the new stadium will try to be unique and not simply a cookie cutter of a stadium which so often it can be.

Goodison. What a special place

They're points I've heard from many people Jacko so I'm sure some will completely agree with you.

I've always loved the walk up to the ground (and I've walked up to it from all different directions depending where I've lived. The moment it catches my eye, an adrenalin starts to peak inside and it only gets stronger the closer I get to it. I become fixated with it, the lights of the main stand towering over the bullens road stand walking through Stanley park, the noise of the tannoy getting louder and louder. Dad's with lads, mums with mums, sisters with brothers, boyfriend and girlfreinds holding hands chatting about their day whilst walking at an excited pace just minutes away from the stadium.

I love it, I love everything about it, I feel on top of the world every single time I'm walking towards it.

I've been behind every restricted view, I've sat next to every kind of character I could ever imagine. I've taken all my sisters to the games, been with their fellas to games, took my son to games, mates to games, travelled solo to so many games in wind, rain, sleet, snow, crapped on in the family enclosure, been in the lower bullens with no one else but a mate, moved 20 rows forward in the street end during those mad moments of a goal or a Derby win where limbs are flying everywhere and for a fleeting moment you are on top of the world. I've left the game crying more than I care to admit with anger, frustration and disappointment and tears of happiness where you just hug any random person because in that moment in time, nothing and no one is going to spoil your day. Its your weekend, its your week!

I love it, I'm gonna miss it so much that it actually hurts me a little typing this, genuinely I'm filling up a bit. I don't get to go anywhere near as many times as I wish i could due to work commitments. Even if I did have free time without work I don't think I'd be able to financially commit to as many games as I'd love to and the amount I did when I was younger.

Please, enjoy every last moment mate because she's so special and sometimes it really is a case of "you don't know what you've got until its gone".

Goodison, at full pelt is simply one of the most exhilarating and awe inspiring places I've been fortunate to step foot in.

Lovely that, mate

Cannot imagine not having been there after that experience. The walk from the Kirkdale train stop with legions of blues. Seeing her blue facade for the first time. The beautiful day. The chaos in and around the Winslow having a few pints. The cramped seating, palpable energy within the stadium, the way we played from the off - no way we were not going to take all 3 points Saturday.

Although I've only been there once, I'll miss her when she's gone. But I'm happy to hear that the new stadium will try to be unique and not simply a cookie cutter of a stadium which so often it can be.

You caught it on a very rare good in recent years but glad you experienced it mate.

I guess you never heard a single boooo, now that s a different experience altogether..

You caught it on a very rare good in recent years but glad you experienced it mate.

I guess you never heard a single boooo, now that s a different experience altogether..
Oh believe me. Even when were were 3-0 up and pushing for a 4th, everyone around me was still living each and every bad pass like we were down two goals.

I can imagine things can go sideways in a hurry because emotion is involved, but it stands to reason that when that energy can be harnessed, great things can happen

I think the season ticket holders with the most away credits should get the first pick of the seats tbh, it's a disgrace that people who might never have been to a game in their life are being allowed to jump the queue and get a season ticket in these lounges just becauae they have deep pockets.
Welcome to reality? It's not a great place.

Glad you got to see a win mate lol

I think the season ticket holders with the most away credits should get the first pick of the seats tbh, it's a disgrace that people who might never have been to a game in their life are being allowed to jump the queue and get a season ticket in these lounges just becauae they have deep pockets.
Don't agree, that away game attendance should come into it.

Will it trigger some people if I say that after much deliberation, I will not particularly miss Goodison?

I have sat in the ground for over 25 years, seen a few good games, a few European games at a fairly decent level, but that's about it.
The walk to the ground isn't particularly enjoyable, parking is a pain, there's dog muck everywhere. The walk back can be worse cause there's no pub stop to break it up (I accept its my routine that prevents that)

I'm just not sure what I'd miss any more. Apart from time with my Dad and Sons, and that can be literally anywhere, in any stadium.

What's to love so much about Goodison? I sit without an obstructed view, so even my experience is better than many.
I agree with everything you say. I even hate the pubs by GP. They are all c**p. I'm sure I'll feel emotional as the end nears and will be sad on the last day, maybe to the point of tears, but I honestly don't think I'll miss anything about the place once we are in the new ground. For the record, I've been attending regularly since the early 70's and I've got a great view inside GP, too.

No right or wrongs about this, of course, it's personal. But nobody should feel bad about thinking they'll miss nothing about GP. Maybe the fact we've been garbage for the last few seasons before we move has made things easier.

Love it mate.

Fantastic post.

Will it trigger some people if I say that after much deliberation, I will not particularly miss Goodison?

I have sat in the ground for over 25 years, seen a few good games, a few European games at a fairly decent level, but that's about it.
The walk to the ground isn't particularly enjoyable, parking is a pain, there's dog muck everywhere. The walk back can be worse cause there's no pub stop to break it up (I accept its my routine that prevents that)

I'm just not sure what I'd miss any more. Apart from time with my Dad and Sons, and that can be literally anywhere, in any stadium.

What's to love so much about Goodison? I sit without an obstructed view, so even my experience is better than many.
The warm ale, cold pies and the smell of stale farts surely?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back