New Everton Stadium

In a blink of an eye, she'll be gone and all we'll have are memories.

Please, enjoy every last moment mate because she's so special and sometimes it really is a case of "you don't know what you've got until its gone".

Goodison, at full pelt is simply one of the most exhilarating and awe inspiring places I've been fortunate to step foot in.

That is something that I'll carry with me until the day I die.

That's what I think anyway Jacko :)
Wonder what will become of the regeneration plans for GP if / when 777 complete the take over.
Not sure how it was supposed to be funded but I would image a chunk of if was due to come from our Iranian / Uzbek overlords before the wheels fell off their revenue streams.

Wonder what will become of the regeneration plans for GP if / when 777 complete the take over.
Not sure how it was supposed to be funded but I would image a chunk of if was due to come from our Iranian / Uzbek overlords before the wheels fell off their revenue streams.

Yes mate will be interesting to see if it still ends up being the initial plans they said or if we end up having to sell the land to recoup some money.

Yes mate will be interesting to see if it still ends up being the initial plans they said or if we end up having to sell the land to recoup some money.
Can't see the land raising much. Not in L4. I'd love to see the Gwladys and Bullens Road put back outside and inside to the way they were, the rest to be knocked down and turned into quality social housing (continental style flats). The under 21's, ladies team could play at GP. Maybe the first team could play the odd practice game there or preseason friendly. Just thinking out loud here.

Can't see the land raising much. Not in L4. I'd love to see the Gwladys and Bullens Road put back outside and inside to the way they were, the rest to be knocked down and turned into quality social housing (continental style flats). The under 21's, ladies team could play at GP. Maybe the first team could play the odd practice game there or preseason friendly. Just thinking out loud here.
Redevelop the area but keep the pitch?

Couldn't see it happening, but it is a nice idea.

Yep would be ideal. From a financial point of view it must be better (at least in the short term until upkeep costs start to escalate) as essentially you are only building on the main stand and park end footprints. That's got to make the whole project a LOT cheaper to deliver, especially if you only put up moderate sized buildings each with a bit of space around them.

I seem to recall a portion of the development included commercial (retail) and private housing and the money generated from those would likely be used alongside grants to fund the community/social housing element of it in partnershp with EITC.

That being said, to realise any profit from the commercial/ private residential we'd need to raise finance for the design & construction phase. No point just selling the land to a private developer as we'd get peanuts and they'd make all the profit.

I'd be very surprised if it went forward as currently planned if 777 take us over.

Even the walk up to it evokes so many memories. The walk up the stairs and seeing the greenest grass you've ever seen resplendent in the glare of the floodlights.
Beautiful.

100% mate. The walk up the stairs that first time (well like i mentioned i am still like that kid me all those years ago and buzz off it) My first game was in the street end and seeing the stadium for the first time, how beautiful the pitch was and how intimidating the Main Stand looked....unreal. Such a vivid memory.

I've always loved the walk up to the ground (and I've walked up to it from all different directions depending where I've lived. The moment it catches my eye, an adrenalin starts to peak inside and it only gets stronger the closer I get to it. I become fixated with it, the lights of the main stand towering over the bullens road stand walking through Stanley park, the noise of the tannoy getting louder and louder. Dad's with lads, mums with mums, sisters with brothers, boyfriend and girlfreinds holding hands chatting about their day whilst walking at an excited pace just minutes away from the stadium.

I’ll miss GP but as a once / twice a season not as much as the regulars. 3 derbies, w1 d2 l0 (tho one draw was Hutchinson’s disallowed winner. Not won on my last 3 and conceded 3 in both last two visits. Looking forward to BMD and can’t wait for it to be done. Would take a mid season move too over seeing out the season at GP…. Since we can’t win at home these days!

I’ll never forget my daughters face when she saw ‘Goodison’ on the park end as we approached on her first visit. Sadly she lost interest during Covid tho occasionally attends match’s in Irish premier.

I'm happy to report I was at my first match at Goodison this past weekend.

Cannot imagine not having been there after that experience. The walk from the Kirkdale train stop with legions of blues. Seeing her blue facade for the first time. The beautiful day. The chaos in and around the Winslow having a few pints. The cramped seating, palpable energy within the stadium, the way we played from the off - no way we were not going to take all 3 points Saturday.

Although I've only been there once, I'll miss her when she's gone. But I'm happy to hear that the new stadium will try to be unique and not simply a cookie cutter of a stadium which so often it can be.

Goodison. What a special place
So glad you got to have that experience @Pittsburgh Footy ;)
Goodison Park has been a huge part of my life for over 50 years now and it is indeed "a special place"
The new stadium at the docks is our future however.
I for one can't wait for the move and I hope that you will also get to witness our new 'special place'

I've always loved the walk up to the ground (and I've walked up to it from all different directions depending where I've lived.
The sight I’ll always remember as long as I live is the sight that greeted you (before the pylon lights were removed ) when walking up priory road on a misty autumn night with the lights shining in the distance, I can still see it now in my minds eye.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back