New Everton Stadium

The stadium is due to be finished not this December, the December after. So it is mid season next season or the start of the one after
Exactly what first said.

In all honestly, I'd want us to take our time to get it finished right. I know we need the extra revenue, but even if we were delayed to the end of that season, personally I wouldn't be arsed.

But im guessing there are deadlines and late finish fines there , so what do I know.

I just want this to be perfect

I've seen coach drivers get through the most unbelievable spaces before, definitely doable

Yeah and the fact that it is actually a lot bigger than it looks. Supposedly that North Stand underpass is the equivalent of two motorway lanes. The western terrace looks like it could be at least that too so should be big enough. That said the coach I was on coming back from the Bournemouth game managed to clatter a curb turning on to a great big road, so maybe don't use that kind of driver!

Perhaps when the weather is good they'll park out the front and if not remain inside.

Considering Liverpool are 26 months into extending a single stand at the Anfield Road stand I think it‘a fair to say there’s still a lot of work still to go at BMD, but no shame in being realistic about completion dates.

That is definitely the last layer it is metal and what you see with drone footage doesn’t reflect a true image
I think the top of the roof (material coming out of shipping containers) is different from.what will be used on the visible side curves (whatever they are called). But the sides i expect to be a different 'shiny' material.

Considering Liverpool are 26 months into extending a single stand at the Anfield Road stand I think it‘a fair to say there’s still a lot of work still to go at BMD, but no shame in being realistic about completion dates.
Impossible, redeveloping existing stands is both quicker and cheaper. This has been documented many times in the worlds leading reference papers* by the leading subject matter experts on the topic

References
*Grand Old Team, Everton Forum, New Everton Stadium Discussion

I dont think the decision has been made to move in Dec/Jan next year or leave it to the following season...

IMO we move in as quickly as possible to start the financial benefits we will get from increased capacity, sponsorship and the such.
Of course the decision is not just based on ticket revenue, lots of commercial things to consider and seems Everton will also take fans views on mid season move. My prefernece would be to finish the season at GP, a mid season move is very disruptive for the football club IMO. A summer to move over would be ideal.
Interesting article below, few months out of date but my understanding is all the points hold true and no decisons have been made yet.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back