New Everton Stadium

Cant they superimpose an image of Goodison over Bramley Moore with the Gwladys street over the south stand etc to give the nearest equivilent seat to where you sit now. There would then be the 13,000 extra seats empty to sell to the waiting list?

No it's not unfortunately. It depends on the regulations. At the moment the ratio is 1:1 and is unlikely to change any time soon. A bit of a sop to those who had hoped there would be a higher capacity
Why is it unlikely to change soon?

@safestandingRS on Twitter believes it will change soon and he was spot on in his belief that safe standing, and the timeframe he estimated, would be introduced in the first place.

Question regarding safe standing and potential increase in capacity...

Are the newer grounds like ours likely to allow for a higher increase in capacity compared to existing older grounds like Villa Park and St James which will be a similar seated capacity - around 52-53K (Villa Park due to be expanded I saw)?

Why is it unlikely to change soon?

@safestandingRS on Twitter believes it will change soon and he was spot on in his belief that safe standing, and the timeframe he estimated, would be introduced in the first place.
It would be great if it did change and we could have 60k. Let's hope the regulations change and then if they do Everton adopt the changes. If they did post the move would the fans in the lower south stand just have to accept an influx of fans into their space ?

Why would anyone wanna stand at the game? Why does anyone wanna stand up for anything full stop...am genuinely miffed "Bed stands" haven't been introduced at stadiums.

Imagine having ya own bed at the ground where you could just rock up in ya ballies and dressing gown while someone bring you one of them dead long Hot Dogs while in bed...THAT is hospitality!

Why would anyone wanna stand at the game? Why does anyone wanna stand up for anything full stop...am genuinely miffed "Bed stands" haven't been introduced at stadiums.

Imagine having ya own bed at the ground where you could just rock up in ya ballies and dressing gown while someone bring you one of them dead long Hot Dogs while in bed...THAT is hospitality!
I get Mrs TW in bed and serve her a foot long hot dog dyaknowworrameanlad eh eh.

God bless.

Not on the 1:2 scale Everton have planned for BMD. Just tests.
Yeah.

Which is right I think. Given the nature of the atrocity of Hillsborough, it should not be rushed in to go any over 1:1. Without getting into the whole hillsborough thing, the idea of 'pens' that they had in the day was a complete disaster from the get-go. It will be all about space and over time it may get incraesed for those who have the required space to not even have a 1% risk of that.

I havne't read enough, but assuming BMD does have capability for 2:1, then its future proofed, hopefully relatively soon (years).

I'd worry about that once we know we are filling 52k every single week though.

Yeah.

Which is right I think. Given the nature of the atrocity of Hillsborough, it should not be rushed in to go any over 1:1. Without getting into the whole hillsborough thing, the idea of 'pens' that they had in the day was a complete disaster from the get-go. It will be all about space and over time it may get incraesed for those who have the required space to not even have a 1% risk of that.

I havne't read enough, but assuming BMD does have capability for 2:1, then its future proofed, hopefully relatively soon (years).

I'd worry about that once we know we are filling 52k every single week though.
Certain of the terracing pieces installed at BMD - the pending South Stand lower being one - are designed to have inserts installed at a later date if a 2:1 provision is allowed. Each current 'row' on the terracing units in question would have a new 'row' 50% of the current one affixed. Rails etc then added to both rows.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back