New Everton Stadium

Yeah.

Which is right I think. Given the nature of the atrocity of Hillsborough, it should not be rushed in to go any over 1:1. Without getting into the whole hillsborough thing, the idea of 'pens' that they had in the day was a complete disaster from the get-go. It will be all about space and over time it may get incraesed for those who have the required space to not even have a 1% risk of that.

I havne't read enough, but assuming BMD does have capability for 2:1, then its future proofed, hopefully relatively soon (years).

I'd worry about that once we know we are filling 52k every single week though.
You would hope there would be better control over ticketing/capacity at the very least, which would help to limit any potential tragedy. Also, no cages or walls as well.

if it was charged from say 1-1 to 1-2 ratio of capacity in a stand
would the concourses be able to cope with the extra amount of people or were the designed with that in mind

if it was charged from say 1-1 to 1-2 ratio of capacity in a stand
would the concourses be able to cope with the extra amount of people or were the designed with that in mind
There is claim and counter claim, rumour and guesswork regards safe standing. I have heard it said that certain parts of the stadium are future proofed with more entrances and exits, toilets etc than are currently needed. This is in mind of the regulations for safe standing being increased some time in the future. I would like to hope this is true but who knows?

Can see how much steeper than Goodison it is from the height of the seats in relation to the ones behind. I'm defo going to end up about 5 rows further down every time we score 🤣

Jesus, yeah they look really steep, like your feet are close to the person's head in front. Looks steeper than the top balcony!

@Tom Hughes do you know the angle of the top balcony steepness compared to the BMD angle in the upper tiers?

Question regarding safe standing and potential increase in capacity...

Are the newer grounds like ours likely to allow for a higher increase in capacity compared to existing older grounds like Villa Park and St James which will be a similar seated capacity - around 52-53K (Villa Park due to be expanded I saw)?
Only grounds that are future-proofed like BMD and Tottenham will see an increase. Existing stands that aren't will need to have additional facilities built; exits, entrances, toilets etc and whether that is possible/feasible will depend on individual circumstances I guess. They could even reduce in capacity as @Jacko93 has mentioned a few times if they just swap seats for standing.

It would be great if it did change and we could have 60k. Let's hope the regulations change and then if they do Everton adopt the changes. If they did post the move would the fans in the lower south stand just have to accept an influx of fans into their space ?

They need to make clear that if you choose a safe standing area that these changes might happen. On that theme I thought the lower north stand was also safe standing. Did I imagine that or has it changed?

Not on the 1:2 scale Everton have planned for BMD. Just tests.

I think the treads at BMD South Stand are only 750mm. That gives enough space for 2×350mm steps plus 50mm for safestanding folding seat/hand-rail. However, according to the Green Guide, in terms of spacial allowance per row, that only equates to 1.3 to 1.5:1, not 2:1. I think the treads were originally going to be 800mm+.

Jesus, yeah they look really steep, like your feet are close to the person's head in front. Looks steeper than the top balcony!

@Tom Hughes do you know the angle of the top balcony steepness compared to the BMD angle in the upper tiers?
I'm sure I read it is 37 degrees. The steepest in the land. When it is demolished there will be nothing like it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back