New Everton Stadium

I think the treads at BMD South Stand are only 750mm. That gives enough space for 2×350mm steps plus 50mm for safestanding folding seat/hand-rail. However, according to the Green Guide, in terms of spacial allowance per row, that only equates to 1.3 to 1.5:1, not 2:1. I think the treads were originally going to be 800mm+.

1.5 sorry, aye, thats it

Hope the club can work it so we still have our main support coming from behind the goal. Think a lot of people will like the idea of moving into the new 'Street End' but not enjoy standing and that'll drain the atmosphere.

Most clubs who get new clubs end up with their loudest support coming from next to the away which I'd hate to be the case for us.

Stadium seats going in has been monumental. I took a sneak peak of the Annie road courtesy of mister drone and despite the roof being complete there is water cascading down the upper stand hence the absence of seats.
Landscaping on the fans plaza so advanced not waiting for final weeks is amazing too.
The progress around the whole ground and stadium is impressive. So much to observe courtesy of our drone operators and hopefully a lot more from Everton too.
Why should we install seats now, why not it’s given me a huge lift and it’s been the most shared clip I’ve seen. Hopefully lots more to come🙏
come on come on let’s get down to bramley Moore, woo 🕺🙏

Only grounds that are future-proofed like BMD and Tottenham will see an increase. Existing stands that aren't will need to have additional facilities built; exits, entrances, toilets etc and whether that is possible/feasible will depend on individual circumstances I guess. They could even reduce in capacity as @Jacko93 has mentioned a few times if they just swap seats for standing.

They need to make clear that if you choose a safe standing area that these changes might happen. On that theme I thought the lower north stand was also safe standing. Did I imagine that or has it changed?

Just mentioned in the new video mate about rail seating in North Stand so yeah looks like they'll have the option of safe standing there as well.

Not sure where to put this (don't think this link is paywall) but how can we be 1st in atmosphere but 18th in experience?
1011_stadiumranking_14.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back