New Everton Stadium

Not sure where to put this (don't think this link is paywall) but how can we be 1st in atmosphere but 18th in experience?
View attachment 232112
Weird. What does "experience" mean in this context and who decides? Maybe the inspector had one of our special restricted view seats?

What's the point in putting plastic out in the weather about a year early?
Pointless token gesture at this time and helping them discolour before the stadium is even open.
Well it takes time to install them. You cant stick in 54000 seats overnight. I think they said they will be doing a few thousand each week and expect to finosh by easter next year.
I mean you could say the same about installing the roof or glasswork but they have tonstart sometime.
I also think its mainly UV that affects plastic, i dont expect there will be much of that over the next 6 months and the roof is sealed on the North stand so all weather proofed.

Weird. What does "experience" mean in this context and who decides? Maybe the inspector had one of our special restricted view seats?
Dunno but let's be honest it's not a pleasant experience going to Goodison is it.

Ground nowhere near public transportation, the queues and tight turnstiles, cramped concourse areas, unable to get past people without them all needing to stand up from their seat, awful food and beverage choices, many restricted views, then of course the terrible football on display.

Surprised the Goodison Experience isn't rated 20th out of 20 tbh.

As soon as we get to BMD we'll realise just how badly outdated Goodison was.

Well it takes time to install them. You cant stick in 54000 seats overnight. I think they said they will be doing a few thousand each week and expect to finosh by easter next year.
I mean you could say the same about installing the roof or glasswork but they have tonstart sometime.
I also think its mainly UV that affects plastic, i dont expect there will be much of that over the next 6 months and the roof is sealed on the North stand so all weather proofed.

Very true, however it looked pretty wet on the terracing in the video. Which it will do until the glass is fully in place at the back and the roof continues in all directions to add that bit more protection so the rain can't blow onto the upper tiers. I'm not worried so much by the plastic seats being out in the open but I am a bit by the bar that they attach too... Wonder if it could get some corrosion being in fairly close proximity to the salty sea air? That said it will probably be the same method used in the lower tier and the first few rows will never be covered completely from the weather so they must be galvanised to prevent it from being an issue.

Hope the club can work it so we still have our main support coming from behind the goal. Think a lot of people will like the idea of moving into the new 'Street End' but not enjoy standing and that'll drain the atmosphere.

Most clubs who get new clubs end up with their loudest support coming from next to the away which I'd hate to be the case for us.
You'd hope the club will attempt to facilitate a move where the Street End residents can (if they wish) move over together and retain that atmosphere.

I can't remember the last time I sat down during play at a home game, so I'll be more than happy to remain standing. For some, it's the complete opposite.
Dunno but let's be honest it's not a pleasant experience going to Goodison is it.

Ground nowhere near public transportation, the queues and tight turnstiles, cramped concourse areas, unable to get past people without them all needing to stand up from their seat, awful food and beverage choices, many restricted views, then of course the terrible football on display.

Aye, this is my take on it. The atmosphere is great, but if you're bringing a family, or it's new then the 'experience' isn't particularly great, is it?

Imagine turning up for your first game, you're sat right at the back of the Lower Street End, have to experience the bogs and wait 20 minutes for a rubbish pint.

All these things are true but Goodison has been part of every Evertonian's identity for a long time and for a lot of people change is always difficult. That ground has given me some of the happiest (and worst) memories of my life and all those things you've listed are part of the match day experience I love.

We all know we need a new ground but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a feeling that something is missing when we first move such is the character of the Old Lady.

You'd hope the club will attempt to facilitate a move where the Street End residents can (if they wish) move over together and retain that atmosphere.

I can't remember the last time I sat down during play at a home game, so I'll be more than happy to remain standing. For some, it's the complete opposite.

Aye, this is my take on it. The atmosphere is great, but if you're bringing a family, or it's new then the 'experience' isn't particularly great, is it?

Imagine turning up for your first game, you're sat right at the back of the Lower Street End, have to experience the bogs and wait 20 minutes for a rubbish pint.

I think it's so important for our performances on the pitch they get that right. Not having a proper home end to get behind the team will really affect things. As I said earlier, I'm sure there's plenty of people who like the thought of being where the atmosphere is, but my worry is they won't do anything to contribute towards it.

Aye, to be honest on the rare occasions I do go, I'll do whatever I can to avoid needing to use the toilets - absolutely disgusting experience reminiscent I can imagine of the 70s. Last time I went it was 15 minutes queuing for a terrible Carling, and half the food options were out of stock. Goodison has charm, for sure, but there are far more downsides to it than positives.

1697880540839.webp

1697880567389.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back