New Everton Stadium

Jokes aside the stadium is actually getting prayer rooms. Why that belongs in a stadium baffles me:
Getting some sarky replies to this but he's right. "What about religious people?" It's a footy ground not a church or a mosque. Leave the praying or whatever they do in them for that. Or get sky sports in the places of worship if they want to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

For anyone interested in what it looked like before the builder's moved in.

I know this will be a contentious topic with some but I also know you'd be lucky to find 20 blues to agree what colour socks we should wear!?
I think it's a fairly safe bet there will be some kind of recognition given to the Chairman, which is only right in my opinion. I think the Bill/William Kenwright executive lounges is a decent choice.

Great watch that.
It really blows my mind the crap UNESCO gave the city.
What's the point of these concervation status's when the historical elements are just letf to crumble to dust.
Everton are to be highly commended for preserving the pump hous, rebuilding the rails and preserving the dock walls under the stadium.
Add to that, hundreds of smaller nods to the history of the site.
I hope there's a presentation made to UNESCO that shows them how you can carefully revitalize an area while still keeping intact it's historic charm.

Getting some sarky replies to this but he's right. "What about religious people?" It's a footy ground not a church or a mosque. Leave the praying or whatever they do in them for that. Or get sky sports in the places of worship if they want to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

There are prayer rooms in airports. I've worked in an office that had one. They are not uncommon. I'll be honest, I didn't know there was one at GP. I expect the main reason is for the Muslim players. Don't they have to pray 4 times a day or something?

6B7D4DAA-1BDC-4E80-991D-9835940F6D54.webp

Hi Mick, how does there being a prayer room affect your life?

Great watch that.
It really blows my mind the crap UNESCO gave the city.
What's the point of these concervation status's when the historical elements are just letf to crumble to dust.
Everton are to be highly commended for preserving the pump hous, rebuilding the rails and preserving the dock walls under the stadium.
Add to that, hundreds of smaller nods to the history of the site.
I hope there's a presentation made to UNESCO that shows them how you can carefully revitalize an area while still keeping intact it's historic charm.
Watching this makes me feel so ashamed that we, Everton FC, a pillar of the local community would want to create a world class footie stadium on a decaying, decrepit site and which will, in due course, likely lead to a complete regeneration of the whole North Docks area and job creation when the best thing would, in the eyes of UNESCO, have been to allow it to continue doing what it has been doing for the past 50-100 years...decay! Shame on us! 🙄

It's a 90 minute game of football; it's no harm but no place in a stadium in my opinion. Space could be better utilised.

Jokes aside the stadium is actually getting prayer rooms. Why that belongs in a stadium baffles me:
because some like to go to the game and be able to pray. Praying is important to them. Seems like a no brainer to give someone a quiet room to pray in. If they can fill the stadium with bars because you like to have a beer at half time, surely providing some room because you like to have a prayer isn't too much to ask.

because some like to go to the game and be able to pray. Praying is important to them. Seems like a no brainer to give someone a quiet room to pray in. If they can fill the stadium with bars because you like to have a beer at half time, surely providing some room because you like to have a prayer isn't too much to ask.

And a church has been an integral part of Goodison for ever.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back