New Everton Stadium

I want some of those floating hot tubs they have in Docklands in London.

hottug-uk-1.jpg
It'd be all fun and games until Newcastle play us and they all start flinging 💩 at you.

Be interesting to see how good their modelling is ultimately. These ‘experts’ often talk a good game.
Was working on Cambridge Bio Medical Campus for a few years and the gap circled below is like hurricane alley when the wind picks up despite considerable time modelling and assurances to the contrary. The one on the right is a hospital so you can imagine there are elderly using that entrance.
Each building has different consultants but the master plan should have had it covered.
Then there’s the Walkie Talkie in London, while that was a solar issue rather than wind, that was melting things on the pavements below until rectified 🤣
IMG_5837.webp

Makes more sence when I include the photo 🫣

Why? The North stand will be mainly occupied by Evertonians and presumably it will also be access to many in the West Stand too. I'm sure there will be baffles and walls to help prevent a wind tunnel effect.
Because access to the North Stand for home fans will be via the West & East Stand and possibly even the South Stand. There are no fan entrances at the North End other than the away fan turnstiles.

Because access to the North Stand for home fans will be via the West & East Stand and possibly even the South Stand. There are no fan entrances at the North End other than the away fan turnstiles.

I'm not sure that is true. The Away fans entrance is on the NE corner. There is little chance of a whole end not being utilises for access/egress, certainly not in favour of an entire stand of fans being directed to navigate internally. That'd be a logistical and safety nightmare.

On the subject on where you can enter to take your seat, am I right in thinking that if you have a normal ticket in any of the north, east or south stands, you can enter from any turnstile in the north, east or south stands (apart from the turnstiles reserved for away support in the north-east corner) and walk round inside the concourse area? Have I got that right? West stand is just for ticket holders in that stand? Anyone know? Thanks.

I'm not sure that is true. The Away fans entrance is on the NE corner. There is little chance of a whole end not being utilises for access/egress, certainly not in favour of an entire stand of fans being directed to navigate internally. That'd be a logistical and safety nightmare.
Looks like it is true going by these plans
IMG_2903.webp

Looks like it is true going by these plansView attachment 235412

Looks like the blue dotted line shows access to the northern side of the west stand by walking around the outside of the North stand. Which you would expect, if everyone funnels in from within the concourse inside the stadium people who are in the North stand would barely have any space as a few thousand people make their way to the west.

Seeing the boundaries from the videos the area behind the north stand looks very small, smaller than the fence behind atm, you’d have home fans having to walk so close to the away, so I think they would have to walk round

It's quite deceptive as far as I understand, there is the path and then the road area which is or close to two motorway lanes in size which would make it near enough the same as Goodison Road by the Winslow.

That’s gonna be a nightmare getting everyone in before kickoff. How many gates at Goodison and it’s a pain getting in even with 10-15 mins to go.

On one of Mr Drones videos some fella who seemed to know his exits from his entrances sent him an overlay diagram of where fans would enter/exit and it seemed fine from what I can remember though it was definitely not a case of just walking down the back of the North stand to get in.

Seeing the boundaries from the videos the area behind the north stand looks very small, smaller than the fence behind atm, you’d have home fans having to walk so close to the away, so I think they would have to walk round
looking at the size of the semi trailers in the UU site, the width of the path underneath the north stand is about 3 to 4 road lanes widest about 15 metres. The south stand side is much bigger again. There'll be loads of room and most people will all be going in the same direction, unlike around d goodison now where there is contraflow

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back